DN Groups are logical groupings of DNs. You can use DN Groups in network-level routing algorithms and in some types of statistics. To determine if you need to set up DN Groups, refer to your solution-specific documentation.
When you are specifying a DN Group, remember that the DNs in each DN Group must have the same telephony event model.
Although a DN Group can contain DNs that belong to a number of different Switches, you can receive correct statistical information about this DN Group only if the reporting applications connect to the servers associated with those Switches.
The DN Groups list shows the DN Groups that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking the Select Columns button.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new DN Group object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a DN Group.
- Move To—Move a DN Group to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable DN Groups.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating DN Group Objects
To create a DN Group object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click DN Groups. The DN Groups list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the DN Group. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database (in an enterprise environment) or within the Tenant (in a multi-tenant environment). You cannot change this value as long as this DN Group contains at least one DN.
- Type—The type of the DN Group. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Capacity Table—This field applies only for the Enterprise Routing Solution. It is the Capacity Table associated with this DN Group. Refer to Enterprise Routing Solution documentation for more information.
- Quota Table—This field applies only for the Enterprise Routing Solution. It is the Quota Table associated with this DN Group. Refer to Enterprise Routing Solution documentation for more information.
- Tenant—In a multi-Tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- The Origination DNs tab lists DNs from which calls can be routed or diverted to this Agent Group. You can include DNs of the following types into this list: Routing Point, External Routing Point, Service Number, Routing Queue, ACD Queue, Virtual Queue, or Virtual Routing Point.
- In the DNs tab, click the Add button to add a DN to this DN Group. In the pop-up window, you can create a new object by clicking the New button.
- Perform one of the following actions after you have added a DN to the DN Group:
- Click the Save button to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click the Apply button to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click the Cancel button to discard the changes.
- Click the Save button.
Types of DN Groups
The following are DN Group types and types of DNs that you can include in a group:
|DN Group Type||Compatible DN Types|
|ACD Queues||ACD Queue, Routing Queue, and Virtual Queue|
|Network Ports||Network Destination|
|Routing Points||Routing Point, External Routing Point, Routing Queue, and Virtual Routing Point|
|Service Numbers||Service Number|
|Single Ports||Extension, ACD Position, Call Processing Port, Music Port, Communication DN, E-mail Address, Modem, Fax, Chat, CoBrowse, Voice over IP Port, Video over IP Port, Voice Treatment Port, and Voice Mail|