Creating Solution Definitions
Before you create a solution definition file by using Genesys Administrator Extension, you must perform the following tasks:
- Prepare the solution definition file.
- Upload all of the Genesys-component installation packages (IPs) that are required to provide the solutions into an IP repository to which Genesys Administrator Extension has access.
ImportantWhen you create a solution definition file, you must give it a unique name and version number. Genesys Administrator Extension will not allow you to a import a solution definition if its name or version number is the same as the name or version number of an existing one. Likewise, if you modify a solution definition that is already uploaded, you must increment the version number.
Creating a Solution Definition
- In the Solution Definitions List screen, click New.
- In the Upload Solution Definition area that is displayed to the right of the Solution Definition List, click Browse to browse to and select the solution definition for this solution definition file.
- Click Upload. The name of the solution definition file, as defined in the solution definition, is displayed in the list.
- To verify that the solution definition file can be deployed, perform the following steps:
- In the list of solution definition files, click the solution definition file that you imported in the previous steps.
- Verify that the solution definition file can be deployed by selecting Check IP Availability from the Related menu.
- The required IPs that were found in the IP repository and those that are missing are displayed in the IP Availability area that is displayed. Missing IPs must be uploaded to the IP repository before this solution definition file can be deployed. When all IPs are found, the solution definition file is complete and can be marked as Deployable.
- If there are no missing IPs, in the Properties area of the Details panel, check the Deployable check box.
- Click Save to save your changes or Cancel to leave the solution definition file unchanged.
This page was last modified on December 13, 2013, at 08:35.