Roles define what you can do in a given application. In Genesys Administrator Extension, roles and their privileges are controlled by the use of Role objects, which are assigned to Users (including Agents) and Access Groups. Roles are application-specific, and must be defined for each application that supports them.
In a hierarchical multi-Tenant configuration, only those Roles defined in the Environment Tenant can be used to allow Users to access all screens in Genesys Administrator Extension. Users cannot include Genesys Administrator Extension-specific privileges in Roles from other Tenants.
For more information about Roles, refer to the Genesys 8.1 Security Deployment Guide. For a listing of Role Privileges for the Genesys Administrator Extension application, refer to Role Privileges in the Genesys Administrator Extension Deployment Guide.
The Roles list shows the Roles that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Role object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Role.
- Move To—Move a Role to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Roles.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Role Objects
To create a Role object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click Roles. The Roles list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of this Role. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database (in an enterprise environment) or within the Tenant (in a multi-tenant environment).
- Description—A brief description of this Role.
- Tenant—In a multi-Tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- In the Role Members tab, click the Add Access Group button to add an Access Group, or the Add User button to add a User.
- Click the Save button.