Business Attributes are objects that serve as containers of a particular type for Attribute Value objects. Instances of this object are available enumerations (classifications), such as Media Type, Service Type, and others.
For more information about Business Attributes, refer to the following documents:
- Universal Routing 8.1 Business Process User's Guide
- Universal Routing 8.1 Reference Manual
- User's Guide
The Business Attributes list shows the Business Attributes that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking the Select Columns button.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Business Attribute object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Business Attribute.
- Move To—Move a Business Attribute to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Business Attributes
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Click on the name of a Business Attribute to view additional information about the object. You can also set options and permissions.
Creating Business Attribute Objects
To create a Business Attribute object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click Business Attributes. The Business Attributes list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Business Attribute. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database (in an enterprise environment) or within the Tenant (in a multi-tenant environment). Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Display Name—The localized name of the Business Attribute under which this object is to be displayed on graphical user interface elements such as dialog boxes. By default, this value is the same as for the Name property.
- Description—A brief description of the Business Attribute.
- Type—The type of the Business Attribute. You must specify a value for this property. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click the Save button.