A Format is a user-customized template for Calling Lists. It is created in Genesys Administrator Extension and consists of Fields that form a data structure (for example, a database table); each Field has properties that describe its characteristics. A Calling List must contain Genesys mandatory fields and can also contain user-defined custom Fields. See additional information in the Outbound Contact Deployment Guide.
Mandatory Fields are necessary in order to process records properly. They identify each customer and the status of each customer record. Genesys mandatory fields are described in the Mandatory Fields tab, below. See additional information in the Outbound Contact Deployment Guide.
Custom/user-defined Fields, typically containing business-related data, can be created and added to a Format in Genesys Administrator Extension. Custom fields define customer information that is available to the agent during a call. See Fields in the Outbound Contact Deployment Guide about how to send customer data to an agent.
After custom/user-defined fields are added, the Format is finished and is ready to be used to create Calling Lists. A Calling List must be created from a Format, and inherits mandatory and custom fields from the assigned format. Each Calling List can have only one corresponding Format.
When database records are imported into a Calling List, data fills the mandatory and custom fields, conforming to properties established in the finished Format.
The Formats list shows the formats that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking the Select Columns button.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Format object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Format.
- Move To—Move a Format to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Formats.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Format Objects
To create a Format object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click Formats. The Formats list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Format.
- Description—A brief description of the Format.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- In the Fields tab, click the Add button to add a Field. In the pop-up window, you can create a new object by clicking the New button.
- Perform one of the following actions after you have added a Field to the Format:
- Click the Save button to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click the Apply button to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click the Cancel button to discard the changes.
- Click the Save button.
Mandatory Fields in Formats
The following mandatory fields are required in all Calling List Formats. This list is sorted alphabetically by field name. Default values for these fields are defined in the Fields objects during configuration.
|Field Name||Data Type||Description|
|agent_id||varchar(32)||Login identifier of the agent who handled the record.|
|app_id||integer||Empty, not used at this time.|
|attempt||integer||Number of attempts made to reach the customer.|
|call_result||integer||Final outcome of the record processing. See the Call Results table in the Defined Constants chapter of the Outbound Contact 8.1 Reference Manual.|
|call_time||integer||Latest date and time at which the record was processed (dialed), in UTC format.|
|campaign_id||integer||Configuration DBID of the Outbound Dialing Campaign, as a part of which the record has been processed.|
|chain_id||integer||Unique identification number of the chain to which the record belongs.|
|chain_n||integer||Unique identification number of the record within the chain.|
|contact_info||varchar(128)||Customer’s contact information; phone number in the voice campaign.|
|contact_info_type||integer||Type of the contact information; phone type in the voice campaign. See the Phone Types table in the Defined Constants chapter of the Outbound Contact 8.1 Reference Manual.|
|daily_from||integer||Earliest time of the day at which a customer can be contacted (seconds since midnight).|
|daily_till||integer||Latest time of the day at which a customer can be contacted (seconds since midnight).|
|dial_sched_time||integer||Date and time for which the processing of the record has been scheduled or rescheduled, in UTC format (seconds since midnight 01/01/1970).|
|email_subject||varchar(255)||Empty, not used at this time.|
|email_template_id||integer||Empty, not used at this time.|
|group_id||integer||Empty, not used at this time.|
|media_ref||integer||Empty, not used at this time.|
|record_id||integer||Unique identification number of a calling record.|
|record_status||integer||Current status of the record. See the Record Types table in the Defined Constants chapter of the Outbound Contact 8.1 Reference Manual.|
|record_type||integer||Type of the record. See the Record Types table in the Defined Constants chapter of the Outbound Contact 8.1 Reference Manual.|
|switch_id||integer||DBID of the Switch where the agent who handled the record had logged in.|
|treatments||varchar(255)||Treatments application history. For more information, see Treatments in the Outbound Contact Deployment Guide.|
|tz_dbid||integer||Configuration DBID of the Time Zone object associated with the calling record.|