Voice Prompts are call treatment objects that may include a set of actions to be applied to a called party.
The Voice Prompts list shows the Voice Prompts that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking the Select Columns button.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Voice Prompt object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Voice Prompt.
- Move To—Move a Voice Prompt to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Voice Prompts.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Voice Prompt Objects
To create a Voice Prompt object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click Voice Prompts. The Voice Prompts list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Voice Prompt. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database (in an enterprise environment) or within the Tenant (in a multi-tenant environment). Once you set the value, you cannot change it. If the Voice Prompt is used for a parked-call treatment, this value must correspond to the voice prompt identifier that the switch provides.
- Description—A brief description of the Voice Prompt. For Text-to-Speech synthesis, a parking platform or a switch can use this property to generate the Voice Prompt.
- Switch—The Switch to which this Voice Prompt belongs. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Script—A unique identifier of the Script for this Voice Prompt.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click the Save button.