Before deploying and configuring Interaction Recording Web Services, make sure your system meets the following minimum requirements:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- You have installed the latest JDK 8 (64-bit for Linux). Alternatively, you can also install the latest standalone JRE 8 (64-bit for Linux). You can choose to download the software from Oracle or obtain an OpenJDK version of the software.
Interaction Recording Web Services stores information about call and screen recordings in a Cassandra database. For each contact center, distinct column families with unique names exist for storing recording information. These column families are created when the contact center is created, and deleted if the contact center is deleted.
- Interaction Recording Web Services deletes column families only if they do not contain any call recordings; otherwise they should be deleted manually from Cassandra using the cqlsh utility tool.
- Interaction Recording Web Services and Web Services and Applications share the same Cassandra instance within the same deployment. If you are using Interaction Recording Web Services with Web Services and Applications in the same environment, verify that your Cassandra version is the same for both components and all nodes.
Interaction Recording Web Services requires that your environment includes Cassandra 1.2 or 2.2. Genesys recommends Cassandra version 2.2. Complete the steps in these procedures below to install and configure Cassandra 2.2:
For more information about the required Genesys environment for GIR, refer to the Minimum Recommended Versions.