Deploying Interaction Concentrator for GIR
Genesys Interaction Recording needs Interaction Concentrator (ICON) to store detailed reporting data from various sources in a contact center empowered with Genesys software.
If you want to deploy a single instance of the ICON database across multiple sites, see the Supported Deployment Scenarios in the ICON Deployment Guide.
In addition to the configuration described in the deployment guide, configure your ICON application as follows:
- To collect all metadata, in the [callconcentrator] section, set the following parameters:
- adata-reasons-history = none
- adata-extensions-history = none
- adata-userdata-history = all
- role = all
- To collect attached data, in the [custom-states] section, set the following parameters:
- EventData = <type1>,<key1>,<type2>,<key2>... where <typeN> is the data type (for example, char or int) and <keyN> is the attached data key name.
- store-event-data = conf
To improve ICON performance for Genesys Interaction Recording, Genesys recommends updating the ICON database schema with the following new indexes:
- Index G_PARTY:
- NONCLUSTERED/NONUNIQUE INDEX G_PARTY.CALLID
- Index G_USERDATA_HISTORY:
- NONCLUSTERED/NONUNIQUE INDEX G_USERDATA_HISTORY.CALLID
- Index G_IS_LINK:
- NONCLUSTERED/NONUNIQUE INDEX G_IS_LINK.CALLID
- Index G_CUSTOM_DATA_S:
- NONCLUSTERED/NONUNIQUE INDEX G_CUSTOM_DATA_S.CALLID
For optimal performance, it is recommended that the ICON's gsysPurge81 stored procedure (or similar) be used regularly to purge call data from the ICON database that is older than two days. See the ICON User's Guide for more information.