Genesys Interaction Recording 8.5.2
New in this Release
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.221.01—April 01, 2019:
- The scan and scroll method of Elasticsearch is now supported for MLM with Elasticsearch v2 schema. For large scale deployments, enable the scan and scroll option to improve performance of MLM.
- The default number of shards for new deployments with Elasticsearch v2 schema is 12. The existing deployments with the current number of shards are also supported.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.221.00:
- January 11, 2019, contains resolved issues only.
- December 20, 2018:
A new multi-threaded microservice, Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR) Voice Processor, is introduced. The Voice Processor can be used instead of the Recording Processor Script (RPS) which is currently in use. GIR needs Voice Processor to process recording metadata from Media Control Platform (MCP), combine this metadata with data collected from Genesys Info Mart (GIM), and forward the result to Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) and SpeechMiner Interaction Receiver (SM IR). For information on how to deploy the Voice Processor, see Deploying Voice Processor.ImportantNote that Voice Processor is under shipping control by the Genesys Product Management team. Currently, we advise that RPS should still be your preferred component to install as part of a GIR installation or upgrade. Only consider seeking approval to use Voice Processor instead of RPS when scalability of the deployment is of concern, or your deployment requires SIP Cluster support.
Customers with an existing RPS deployment can migrate to the Voice Processor using the instructions provided in the Migrating from RPS to Voice Processor section.
- November 09, 2018:
Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) now includes new parameters for a search API used by Recording Muxer Script. Recording Muxer Script uses these parameters when receiving call recordings from RWS.
Release 8.5.220.00 —August 28, 2018, contains resolved issues only.
Release 8.5.219.02—June 04, 2018 (initially released as 8.5.219.01 on May 17, 2018), contains resolved issues only.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.218.00—December 15, 2017:
- Interaction Recording now has a new call recording metadata attribute to indicate if a call recording has a related screen recording available (screenRecording). In addition, if a screen recording is associated with a call recording, a new screen recording metadata attribute (callRecordingId) indicates the associated call recording. These metadata values are only populated for new recordings moving forward. All older interactions will indicate that there is no associated screen recording.
- Screen Recording Service (SRS) now uses updated versions of Python and OpenSSL.
- SRS now supports a configurable parameter to ignore errors that occur during certificate verification for screen recording encryption.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.217.00—September 27, 2017:
- A guide to using the Screen Recording API is available in the Genesys Interaction Recording API Reference. This information can be used to integrate a third-party desktop with screen recording functionality.
- The following GIR components now support configurable certificate validation when making outbound TLS connections: Interaction Recording Web Services, Recording Muxer Script, Recording Plug-in for GAX, Recording Crypto Server, and Interaction Recording LVR Recovery Script.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.216.01—July 14, 2017:
- Support for automated recovery of recordings with a new Lost Voice Recording (LVR) Recovery Script component. See Automated Recovery of Recordings for details.
- Multi-site disaster recovery support for screen recording with the Screen Recording Service (SRS) and Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) when Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE) version 188.8.131.52 or later is used.
- Support for the new Delete Recording by ID API in Interaction Recording Web Services. See Genesys Interaction Recording API for details.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.215.00—June 28, 2017:
- The following GIR components now support RHEL 7: Interaction Recording Web Services, Recording Muxer Script, Recording Plug-in for GAX, and Recording Crypto Server.
- You can now manage the life cycle of voice recordings by using interaction labels. For more information, refer to Creating a Rule and Recording Lifecycle Scheduler Parameters.
- The Elasticsearch templates (call_recordingv2_template.json and screen_recordingv2_template.json) have been updated. Deploy the new versions of these templates to the Elasticsearch cluster so that when an index is created, the new index template is used. Re-indexing is not required after this step.
- Interaction Recording Web Services now supports two new APIs: Get Recording by ID and Get Recording Media by ID. For more information, refer to Genesys Interaction Recording API.
- Interaction Recording Web Services now supports using Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 as an alternative to the Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8.
- The SFDC Gplus Adapter now supports screen recording with the SR Service.
- When you delete an interaction in SpeechMiner, its associated voice recording and screen recording files are now also deleted.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.214.03—April 28, 2017:
- Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) now supports MLM backup in unzipped format to both the Windows and Linux file systems. To perform unzipped backup to a Windows file system, make sure the useFullPathInMediaFileBackup option is set to false. For more information on this option, refer to the following sections: Media Lifecycle Management Archive Structure, backgroundScheduledMediaOperationsSettings, and Recording Lifecycle Scheduler Parameters.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.214.02—March 29, 2017:
- For new installations or new tenants in existing installations the Elasticsearch schema version 2 will be used by default. For an existing installation, this support for this version requires that you perform the migration steps described in the Migrating an Existing Elasticsearch Deployment to Schema V2 section as part of upgrading to this release.
- GIR now supports the ability to tag interactions, and to protect them from being deleted, through SpeechMiner.
You can also create and apply tags using the labels API, and protect recordings from deletion using the non-delete API. See Recording Label API and Recording Non-Deletion API.
ImportantTo use the new SpeechMiner functionality the following configuration is required:
- The RWS URI field in the SMConfig > Recording tab must be configured. For details, refer to Deploying SpeechMiner for GIR.
- The Interaction Receiver settings must be configured in RWS. For details, refer to Create SpeechMiner Settings.
- The SpeechMiner username and password must be configured in [recording.archive] for each tenant. For details, refer to Step 5 of Configuring SpeechMiner users.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.213.04—December 20, 2016:
- The Recording Muxer Script and Recording Processor Script now support passing password-related configuration values using environment variables, on both Windows and Linux.
- Support for registering multiple DNs with the Screen Recording Service, with desktops, via the SRS login API.
Note: Required: the agent desktop must support using multiple DNs and Hot Seating with the Screen Recording Service. For additional information, refer to your Agent Desktop documentation.
- Support for Cassandra 2.2. Support continues for Cassandra 1.2, but Genesys recommends version 2.2. See Deploying Cassandra 2.x.
- Support for Setting up the Load Balancer in a Premise Multi-tenant Environment.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.03—September 27, 2016:
- Configuration support for Disposition Codes in GIR metadata filters.
- Support for a Premise Load Balancing mechanism for dedicated GIR nodes.
- Support for the following components running in the same environment:
- Web Services and Applications
- Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS)
- Java 8 support for Recording Plug-in for GAX and Recording Crypto Server (RCS).
- Support for Hot Seating for the SR Service with desktops via the SRS login API. Note: This support requires that the agent desktop supports Hot Seating with the Screen Recording Service. For additional information, refer to your Agent Desktop documentation.
- Support for Play application level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) recording.
- Support for Horizontal Scaling of the Recording Muxer Script.
- The Recording Muxer Script now supports the SR Service Nightly Upload.
- Ad hoc download of encrypted media assets.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.02—August 15, 2016:
- The Encrypt Exported Interactions feature enables you to encrypt exported interactions, so that a password is required to access the interactions. By default, exported interactions are now encrypted after upgrading SpeechMiner to 8.5.504.02.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.01—July 11, 2016:
- The slowMachine parameter is now deprecated, and is replaced by the new vlcCloseTimeout parameter.
- The SR Service will now retry to upload all failed recordings after the next restart.
- Support for SRS on VMware Horizon 7 using the RDP protocol.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.211.01—June 29, 2016:
- Support for a multi-tenant configuration server for GIR Screen Recording.
- Support for a multi-tenant configuration server for multi-tenant objects.
- Support for partitions per interaction segment.
- Interaction Recording Web Services replaces the Web Services and Applications prerequisites for the Genesys Interaction Recording solution. It includes all Interaction Recording related Web Services features that are available in Web Services and Applications releases up to 184.108.40.206—for example, storing and managing recording files. It does not provide API support for non-GIR related Web Services, such as Workspace Web Edition.
- Interaction Recording Web Services includes a new option (sessionCookieName). This new option can be used to define the name of the session cookie used by Interaction Recording Web Services.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.210.02—April 19, 2016:
- Support for metadata suppression for privacy and compliance.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.210.01—April 1, 2016:
- Windows Server 2012 support for Screen Recording (SR) Service Citrix.
- Muxer can now rely on the Query Call Recording API to only return call recordings that match the searching criteria specified by the new configuration call_recording_extra_query_string.
- Support for Voice Recording reports.
- Support for enabling the user to view SR Service error messages.
- Support for filtering metadata fields from ICON.
- Support for a new SR Service report that summarizes all the Screen Recording client connections.
- ADDP support for the configuration server in the Recording Cryto Server (RCS).
- Documentation of the Recording Processor Script (RPS) error logs and actions.
- Sizing Tool update that now includes numbers for decryption of media through HTCC.
- The SR Service installation package is now signed.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.209.01—February 1, 2016:
- Citrix is now supported on Windows 2008 R2 for Screen Recording Service.
- Support for Screen Recording Service on Windows 10 (32-bit + 64-bit).
- Support for Screen Recording Service Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit.
- Recording Processor Script now supports Red Hat 7.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.208.01—December 18, 2015:
- Information about minimum recommended versions was added to the GIR Solution Guide.
- API documentation about recording search and playback is now published.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.207.01—October 2, 2015:
- Support for Screen Recording Service on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Support for 8 kbit/s mp3 compression for mono voice recording.
- Ability to filter on user data when scheduling purge and backup tasks.
- Ability to audit Media Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to decrypt media files.
- Ability to capture the entire audio of a call.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.206.01—June 30, 2015:
- Ability to filter on call type when scheduling purge and backup tasks.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.205.01—April 15, 2015:
- Support for backing up and purging recording files.
- Support for a single ICON Database configured to service multiple sites.
- Support for screen recording client for Workspace Desktop Edition.
- Enhanced SpeechMiner player.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.204.01—January 16, 2015:
- Support for screen recording when in After Call Work state.
- Support for screen recording client authentication for Workspace Web Edition.
- Support for MP3 files that use 16 kbit/s for bitrate compression.
- Support for dual monitor screen recording.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.203.01—November 3, 2014:
- Support for screen recording encryption.
- Support for percentage based screen recording for voice agents.
- Support for Windows 2012 (except for Web Services).
- Support for Oracle ICON databases.
- Ability to display the number of recorded segments within multi-segmented interactions.
- Ability to display the Business Terminology in SpeechMiner's Metadata Manager.
- Support for Screen Recording Client authentication with the Screen Recording API.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.200.01—September 18, 2014: