Deploying Components Controlled by Solution Control Server
See the following topics for more detailed information:
Procedure: Deploying Advisors Components that Solution Control Server Will Control
Purpose: To deploy Advisors components that Solution Control Server (SCS) will control. This procedure is a summary of the tasks you perform to do this.
- Install a supported version of the LCA on any server that includes, or will include, an Advisors module that SCS will control. See Integration With Solution Control Server for a list of such modules.
Some Genesys products install LCA as part of the product deployment, but Advisors do not.
For information about supported versions of LCA, see Genesys Interoperability Guide.
- Locate the lca.cfg file in your LCA installation directory and change the AppRespondTimeout parameter to 60 seconds:
AppRespondTimeout = 60
- Restart the LCA.
- For each Advisors component that will be controlled by Solution Control Server, perform the following tasks in Genesys Administrator.
- Create an Application Template of type Genesys Generic Server; Advisors Application objects will use this Application Template. Do not use UI Application–type templates. Use only Server Application–type templates.
- Create a Host object representing the host on which the Advisors component will run.
- Create an Application representing this Advisors component.
- For the Application, choose the template you created earlier, with type Genesys Generic Server.
- Associate the Application object with its Host.
- In the [Server Info] section of the Application object:
- You must supply the default port number in the [Server Info] section. In release 8.5.1, Advisors ignore these port numbers. You can enter any port number, but Genesys recommends that you enter the server's HTTP port as follows. Where the Application represents:
- Geronimo running WA Server or FA with the rollup engine: HTTP port, by default 8080.
- CCAdv XML Generator: HTTP port, by default 8090.
- AGA: HTTP port that will be used for the AGA instance.
- ACA: HTTP port that will be used for the ACA instance.
- Enter a period (.) as a placeholder in the Working Directory and Command Line fields.
- If this component has a backup in an HA deployment, specify the Application that is the Backup Server and choose the Redundancy Type of Warm Standby.
- Install each Advisors component on its system.
For applications that have a corresponding Application object in Configuration Server, the installer replaces the "." placeholders with the working directory specified during installation, and with the command that starts the server. The installer also updates the startup timeout and shutdown timeout, if necessary.
For an Advisors server to support HA, it must be configured as an Application complete with a backup Application in the Configuration Server at the time the Advisors server starts. If you configure an Advisors server as an Application, start the Advisors server, and then add the backup Application to the server's Application, the server will not fail over correctly.
- Genesys recommends that you specify a disconnect-switchover-timeout value on the SCS to avoid failovers due to temporary connection losses such as very short network disconnects. In Genesys Administrator or Configuration Manager, configure the option on the Options tab for your SCS Application. For additional information, see the Genesys Management Framework documentation.
This page was last modified on May 23, 2017, at 11:49.