The Options tab of the configuration object needs to contain a section that is named in one of the following ways:
- <OCS application object name>, which specifies the name of the current OCS Application object.
|Note:||Genesys recommends that you define all OCS options in the OCServer section folder, with the exception of default record priorities options, which are defined in the Outbound section.|
The Outbound section is used for defining the default record priorities in Outbound Contact Campaign Group objects at the OCS application level. This section contains parameters specific to record priorities. See Flexible Prioritization of Record Types for more information about these options.
There is also an additional section, called log_call_stats, which is created only at the OCS application level. This section contains parameters specific to Audit Logging. See Section log call stats for descriptions of the options that this section contains.
When OCS looks for the defined value of an OCS option, it searches the sections in a prescribed order until it finds the option in one of the sections.
The prescribed search order is the following:
- OCS searches the designated sections on the Options tab of the configuration object, as follows:
- <OCS application object name> section
- default section
- OCServer section
- If OCS does not find the option, it follows the same procedure to search in the Options tab of its own Application object.
- If OCS does not find the option, it uses the option's default value.
Example of an OCS Option Search
In this example, two different OCS applications (OCS1 and OCS2) work with the same switch. The options for each OCS application are defined on the Options tab of the switch configuration object or on the Options tab of the OCS Application object.
OCS1 is searching for the outbound_release_action option.
- Options tab of the Switch object:
- OCS1 searches for the outbound_release_action option in the OCS1 section.
- If the option is not in the OCS1 section or if there is no section named OCS1, OCS1 searches for the option in the section named default.
- If the option is not in the default section, or if there is no section named default, OCS1 searches for the option in the section named OCServer.
- Options tab of OCS:
If OCS1 does not find the outbound_release_action option in any of the three sections on the Options tab of the Switch object, it searches the Options tab of its own Application object, repeating the search process that it performed on the Options tab of the Switch object.
If OCS1 does not find the outbound_release_action option on either Option tab, it uses the option's default value (false).
Note: Most Outbound Contact Server options are dynamic. This means that the application does not have to be restarted in order for option changes to take effect, unless otherwise noted in the option description.
How OCS Prioritizes If Different Configuration Objects Contain the Same Section
- If there are different configuration objects that contain options in the same named sections with the same key and different values, OCS chooses only one of them, according to the following priorities:
- Calling List (highest priority)
- Campaign Group
- Agent Group or Place Group
- OCS application (lowest priority)
- If there are several configuration objects that are used in a particular campaign with options that contain different keys, OCS attaches all of these options as a list of key-value pairs in the UserData attribute.
- If you want to indicate that a particular outbound campaign has a higher priority than other campaigns, you can attach a campaign_priority = high key-value pair to every call or preview record that OCS generates while running the dialing session for this campaign. As an example, you can perform the following steps if you want to configure a Campaign Group to run a dialing session/campaign called Collections90days that uses an OCS application called OCS Western Region:
- Choose a section name to store the data that you want to attach, such as collection_options.
- Create a section with this name on the Options tab of a Campaign Group configuration object. In this section, add an option specifying the key as campaign_priority and the value as high.
Note: If more than one dialing session/Campaign Group is going to run this campaign, configuration objects representing all these Campaign Groups should have this configuration.
- Configure the user_data_section_name option and set the value to collection_options in the OCServer section of the Options tab of the OCS Western Region application object.
This section contains the configuration options used to configure Audit Logging, and takes effect only if the configuration option log_call_stats is set to yes or true.
In addition to the option all (see log_call_stats), this section can also contain the common options expire and segment. Refer to the Framework Configuration Options Reference Manual for full descriptions of these options.