Answering Machine Call Handling
You can handle calls that are detected with an Answering Machine (AM) call result on a per-record basis.
OCS supports the ability to assign different types of AM-detection to each dialing request based on a custom-configured value of an arbitrary field in Calling List record.
To configure AM-detection on a per-record basis, OCS uses the Business Attributes configuration object. Use the following for guidelines when configuring it.
- Specify the name as OC AM Detection.
- Specify the type as Custom.
- Specify the display name and the description attributes as any value.
|Note:||Any number of attribute values can be configured under this Business Attribute object. Each individual attribute value represents a field in the Calling List with a map of values for this field and the corresponding values for the desired AM-detection. You can specify only one map per calling list or OCS application. The name of the attribute value is arbitrary; however it should be meaningful so that it is easier to associate a calling list with this attribute value.|
The actual map for field values for AM-detection settings translation is configured in the Options tab of the attribute value as follows:
- The section name must contain the name of the Calling List Field configuration object.
- The option name corresponds to the value of the Field name. The option name must contain the actual enumeration value of the field (the value of the field stored in the database). The supported option values correspond to the valid values for the call_answer_type_recognition option.
- The option value specifies the desired AM-detection setting.
To specify which Calling List uses which attribute value, the am-detection-map option can be used.
OCS uses the following approach to determine which AM-detection value to apply to a dialing request.
- OCS finds the name of the AM-detection map in the Annex tab of the Calling List that contains the record.
- If it is not found, then the previous Campaign-level call_answer_type_recognition option is used for AM-detection settings.
- If it is found, OCS attempts to find the Business Attribute value with the specified name in the configuration. This attribute value should be present under the Business Attribute object with the OC AM Detection name in the same Tenant where the Calling List resides; if it is not found, it should be in the Environment section. If the value of the am-detection-map option is set to default, then OCS looks for the attribute value with the Default flag turned ON, as configured under the same Business Attribute object.
- When the map is found, OCS reads through the names of the sections in the Options tab for this map for the section name that matches a field name of the given calling list is used.
- If the field is not found, or the value of this field in the current record does not have a representation in the option name, then the call_answer_type_recognition option is used.
- OCS assigns an AM-detection value to the Calling List record when the record is retrieved from the database if an AM-detection map is found. Otherwise, the call_answer_type_recognition option determines the AM-detection value when it is dialed. Any configuration changes in the AM-detection map will not affect any records that have been already retrieved by OCS.
If the attribute value is not found or disabled, then OCS uses the AM-detection method that is defined in the call_answer_type_recognition option.
|Note:||When working with GVP, the ANSWER_TYPE_RECOGNITION attribute is added to the dialing attributes. This attribute holds the value for AM-detection for a given dialing request.|
Starting with release 8.1.517.04, OCS provides the ability to handle an outbound call (drop or connect) on a particular device when the call is placed in any auto-dialing mode and AM is detected. The am-drop-field configuration option controls the AM handling logic.