New in This Release
The following new features were introduced in release 8.0.301.00 of UC Connector.
- UC Connector can be configured to map Genesys agent states to Microsoft presence states, and then push the Microsoft presence to Lync / Skype for Business. For more information, see Presence Connector Mode.
- UC Connector now supports Free Seating where Knowledge Workers are not tied to a particular Place in the configuration. For more information see Free Seating.
The following new features were introduced in release 8.0.300.00 of UC Connector.
- Customized Knowledge Worker states. UC Connector now allows you to customize the states available to Knowledge Workers in the UC Connector web client drop-down menu. The Knowledge Worker states and the corresponding text displayed in the menu can be customized by editing application resources. See Customized Knowledge Worker States.
- External number redirect. A user or an Administrator can now enable an external redirect number. Enabling this feature allows agents to accept preview calls at the specified number. See External Number Redirect.
- Propagation of Genesys After Call Work state to Lync, in integration with Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice. When an agent enters the After Call Work state, the agent's presence state is:
- Preserved in Genesys until the agent uses the Lync client menu to change state, or the After Call Work timer expires.
- Propagated to the Lync server so that the agent's unavailability is also reflected in the corresponding Lync presence, with a configurable presence status and note values.
The following new features were introduced in release 8.0.200.00 of UC Connector.
- Interaction Preview-related reporting events. UC Connector now creates reporting-related records in ICON for the user actions in the Preview window. Reporting tools can extract these records to create reports on the performance of Knowledge Workers while responding to previews. See Reporting Events.
- Configurable hotkeys for interaction Preview. You can now configure keyboard hotkeys to perform key actions when the Preview window is in focus. See Configuring Hotkeys for Interaction Preview.
- Play audio with interaction Preview. You can now add a custom audio file that UC Connector plays when the Preview window is displayed. See Enabling Audio on Preview or Ringing.
- User logout ability. Users can now explicitly logout of UC Connector by clicking a button in the user interface. See enable-logout-menu on Configuration Options.
- Default routing. UC Connector now includes an login-queue on Configuration Options.
- Third-party call control window suppression. UC Connector now suppresses web browser pop-ups for incoming calls based on User Data attached to the call. See popup-udata-key on Configuration Options.
- Username in browser window. UC Connector now displays the username for the logged in user in the browser window. The displayed string shows "first name" + <space> + "last name" + "- Genesys", as specified in the Person object for the logged in user in Configuration Manager.
- John Smith - Genesys
If neither field is present, then the Person user ID will be used:
- LyncKW9 - Genesys
- John Smith - Genesys
The following new features were introduced in release 8.0.100.00 of UC Connector.
- Customized Help Button. UC Connector now includes a Help button, which you can use to link to a customized help files located on your network or server. You can How It Works Customized Help.
- Customized Default Languages. UC Connector now lets you select from a variety of supported languages to be used in the interface. See Customized Languages.
- Automated UC Connector Log-in. UC Connector now supports automatic log-in for all users on startup. This feature must be enabled for integrations with Microsoft Lync Server 2010. See user-auto-registration on Configuration Options.
- Enhanced Support for Microsoft Lync Server 2010. UC Connector now uses the Microsoft Lync extensibility window ("conversation extension window" in later versions) for integration with UC Connector. See Lync / Skype for Business Integration.
- Countdown Timer. The interaction Preview window disappears automatically after a timeout if the user does not accept or reject the interaction. This The Overall Preview Interaction.
The following new features were introduced in release 8.0.001.00 of UC Connector.
- Enhanced Instant Messaging Integration. UC Connector now supports integrations with Genesys Instant Messaging (IM), independently of the third-party UC platform used. This allows for IM functionality in IBM Sametime 8.x deployments. For Microsoft OCS, you can now choose instant messaging through Genesys IM or through the previous OCS-SIP Server integration.
- Support for Microsoft Lync Server 2010. UC Connector now supports integration with Microsoft Lync Server, for both voice and chat interactions.
The following features were included in the initial release 8.0.0 of UC Connector:
- Support for UC platforms. UC Connector supports integration with Microsoft OCS 2007 R2 and IBM Sametime 8.5.
- Presence Mapping. UC Connector determines Knowledge Worker availability by subscribing to user presence (states/updates) provided by the UC platform.
- Telephony Integration. Knowledge Worker telephony integration is available through T-Server, for calls flowing from the contact center to the Enterprise. Voice call control is provided through the standard UC client.
- Instant Messaging Integration. When integrated with the Microsoft Office Communication Server, UC Connector supports interaction flows that use the IM integration through SIP Server. IM content and call control is provided through the Microsoft Office Communicator UC client.
- Interaction Preview Notification. Genesys Routing can send a preview to a targeted Knowledge Worker, letting the Knowledge Worker accept or decline the interaction before actually routing the interaction. This can be done for a selected Knowledge Worker, or round robin for a group of Knowledge Workers. Multiple preview notifications can also be sent simultaneously"roadcast"o a set of Knowledge Workers. In this case the first Knowledge Worker to respond receives the interaction.
- Business Data Exchange. The Knowledge Worker can access call context and attached data related to any interaction that is transferred to them. Genesys UserData is passed to the UC client, displayed on their Interaction window, the Preview window, or the custom UC Connector tab of their UC client, depending on the configuration.
- Limited Enterprise Footprint. All deployment related to the integration with the UC platform takes place on the Genesys side, with no need for any new applications to be running on the Knowledge Worker desktop.
- Reporting. Business and performance metrics about the Knowledge Worker voice activity is provided through the Genesys Reporting solution. Knowledge Workers are configured in the Genesys system as standard agents, and standard reporting products and templates can be used to generate reports on how the Knowledge Worker is used or how the call is handled.