Integrating with Genesys Routing
Genesys routing is used to handle transfers and conferences both to and from
the Knowledge Worker. For agent transfers to the Knowledge Worker, the
routing strategy must be designed to include the Preview Interaction, and the
Routing Point DN—or DNs—should be accessible to the agent desktop. For
Knowledge Worker transfers to the contact center, special "contact points"
must be created in Genesys. These contact points (Routing Point DNs) are
then exposed in the UC client Interaction window, so that Knowledge Workers
can send calls back to the contact center for further processing.
The following table describes the main steps required to enable Genesys
routing to and from Knowledge Workers.
| 1. Create a "dummy" Custom Server Application object.
1. Import the Custom_Server_800.apd application template.
2. Create the Custom Server Application object with the same host as UC Connector.
- Do not install the Custom Server .exe file. Only the dummy application is required in the Configuration Layer. This is because an instance of the Custom Server is included with the UC Connector executable.
- Create one dummy Custom Server for each instance of UC Connector.
- For HA deployments, deploy one dummy Custom Server for each HA UC Connector pair. For more information, For details, see Creating the Customer Server Application Object in Configuration Database Procedures.
| 2. Connect UC Connector to Custom Server.
Add connections to Custom Server in both UC Connector and URS Application objects:
- On the Connections tab of the Application object, Add and browse for the Custom Server object you created in Step 1.
- Do this for both UC Connector and URS.
|3. Configure a contact point for the Knowledge Worker.
1. Configure a Routing Point DN as the contact point that Knowledge Workers can use to transfer/conference interactions back to the contact center. Add the following options to the
- enabled—Set this option to true.
- display-name—Set this option to the name that will be displayed in the Interaction window. For example, Contact Center.
- attribute<n>—Set this option to the statistics you want to make available for this contact point.
For details, see Configuring contact points in Configuration Database Procedures.
2. Create a routing strategy that handles agent selection in the contact center, and load it on this DN. Preview Interactions for transfers to agents are not required.
- Create a separate Routing Point DN for each contact point that you want to appear in the Interaction window.
| 4. Configure routing from contact center to Knowledge Worker.
- Configure Routing Points for contact center agent transfers to the Knowledge Worker.
- Create and load the routing strategies that will direct transferred calls to the Knowledge Worker.
For sample strategies that you can import or use as a model for your
own strategies, see the following:
- Routing to a Particular Knowledge Worker
- Routing with Round-Robin Selection
- Routing with Broadcast Preview
This page was last modified on June 27, 2016, at 14:20.