Default Value: false
Valid Values: false, [number], [number] file, [number] day
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
This option is mandatory.
Specifies whether or not log files expire and if they do, sets the expiration mode for old segments and the maximum number of files (segments) or days before the files are removed. The number stored cannot be:
- Less than 1 file or 1 day
- More than 100 files or 100 days.
Setting this option value to false indicates that files do not expire. This option is ignored if the log output is not configured to be sent to a log file.
The valid values are described as follows:
- false—No expiration; all generated segments are stored.
- [number] or [number] file—Sets the maximum number of log files to store. Specify a number from 1-100.
- [number] day—Sets the maximum number of days before log files are deleted. Specify a number from 1-100.
Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: After restart
Specifies whether WFM Server keeps or deletes a startup segment of the log containing the initial configuration options when it reaches the value in the expire option.
If this option value is set to false, WFM Server ignores this option and does not keep the startup segment of the log.
If this option value is set to true, WFM Server keeps a startup segment of the log. The size of the segment equals the value of the segment option. The value <number> KB (kilobytes) or <number> MB (megabytes) sets the maximum size for a startup segment of the log.
If this option value is set to true, the size of the initial segment is equal to the size of the regular log segment, as defined by the segment option. The value of this option is ignored if segmentation is turned off (that is, if the segment option value is set to false).
Workforce Management Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- WFM Server now provides alarms for synchronization issues within the log files and enables users to decide if they should increase the timeout limit to ensure synchronization is completed. See also WFM-26421 below.
- The [Log] keep-startup-file configuration option specifies whether WFM Builder keeps or deletes a startup segment of the log containing the initial configuration options when it reaches the value set in the [Log] expire configuration option.
- Support for Windows Server 2016. See the Supported Operating Environment: Workforce Management page for more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
WFM now selects the correct shift sequence when scheduling shift items for a full shift. Previously, if unpaid meals with minimum duration were specified, WFM Server would sometimes select incorrect shift sequences configured for a longer paid duration of the shift. (WFM-28246)
Using an improved algorithm, WFM Server now correctly handles carry-over values and time-off bonuses. Previously, while processing carry-over hours in certain conditions, WFM Server sometimes calculated bonus and carry-over values incorrectly. (WFM-27682)
WFM Server now generates alarm messages for synchronization-related critical exceptions and errors. The message 20005|STANDARD|SYNC_ALERT|%s is found in the wfmserver.lms file. The message ID is 20005 and includes a short text description of the error. (WFM-26421)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.210.01.