Default Value: 0
Valid Values: 0, 1, 2, 3
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies whether or not Calendar data overlaps Schedule data when checking agent time-off balances, enabling the resolution of conflicts between Granted or Preferred time-off items and schedule data.
The valid values are described, as follows:
- 0—Disables the resolution functionality (do not overlap—default value).
- 1—Enables overlap of only Granted Calendar time-off and Schedule data.
- 2—Enables overlap of Granted and Preferred time-off.
- 3—Enables overlap of Granted and non-wait-listed Preferred time-off. These requests are counted against an agent’s time-off balance and limits:
- All requests with the status Granted/Not Scheduled.
- Only wait-listed requests with the status Preferred/Not Scheduled.
Workforce Management Server Release Notes
This release includes only resolved issues.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The WFM Server no longer terminates when custom applications load schedules by using the WFMScheduleService712::GetAgentDay API. Previously, WFM Server sometimes terminated unexpectedly when a database query timeout error occurred while using the v712 API to load schedules. (WFM-33456)
WFM Server now counts paid hours correctly when determining time-off balances. Previously, WFM Server incorrectly counted Granted/Not Scheduled time-off items regardless of whether the [CalendarService] CalendarOverScheduleData configuration option value was set to 1, 2, or 3. (WFM-33435)
WFM now consistently displays up-to-date data in the Schedule reports and elsewhere. Previously, WFM sometimes displayed stale schedule data in reports for some dates when multiple WFM Servers were deployed and schedule auto-cleanup was enabled. (WFM-33410)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.218.01.