Requesting Time Off
Use the Time Off calendar to add a new time-off request, but first, watch the video.
Creating a Time-Off Request
To request time off:
- Select the check box next to each date for which you want to add a time-off request.
- For example, if you want to see an entire month, select all dates in that month.
- Click New.
- The Inserting New Time-Off Items dialog box opens. The Time-Off Limits grid appears at the top of this dialog box. Timesteps that you cannot select in the grid, (because of limits or constraints) are colored red.
- Select the time-off type from the drop-down list.
- If this is a request for a full day off, select the Full Day check box.
- If you work a different number of hours on different days of the week, you must enter the number of paid hours here, so that the system deducts the appropriate hours from your time-off balance.
- Specify the exact hours and minutes in your full day by entering or selecting them in the Paid Time drop-down list box.
- You must select the Full Day check box and the Paid Time check box.
- For part-day requests, clear the Full Day check box and enter a start and end time for the request.
- Click Submit, or, to discard a request, click Cancel.
If WFM successfully processes your requests, the Time Off window reappears and displays your new time-off settings. If the server returns error messages, WFM opens a window containing the errors in a list. Click Close to return to the main Time Off view.
See other time-off-related topics: