First, find out why you would use Preferences or Availability Patterns.
You can request availability preferences by creating availability patterns, which contain the start and end times you want for a week. Availability patterns are displayed in a table at the top of the Preferences pane. Your availability patterns can specify different start and end times for each day.
Use the Availability Patterns tab to:
- Create, edit, or delete an availability pattern.
- Create an availability preference based on an availability pattern.
- Display the Preferences Overview tab by clicking that link.
Creating Availability Patterns
To create a new availability pattern:
- In the Preferences window, click Availability Patterns.
The Availability Patterns tab appears.
- Click Create Pattern.
- Enter a name for the new pattern in the Description text box.
- Enter start times and end times that you want for each day of the week. On each day's row, use the time controls to enter start and end times (in hours and minutes).
Times are displayed in 12- or 24-hour format, depending on your computer's regional settings. Use the Next Day check box to indicate that the end time falls within the next day.TipYou can not leave start and end times blank.
- After you have entered the information, click Apply.
The new pattern is now included in the Select pattern drop-down list.
Editing Availability Patterns
To edit a previously created availability pattern:
- In the Availability Patterns tab, select the pattern from the Select pattern drop-down list.
The pattern properties appear in the start time and end time drop-down lists.
- Change the start times and end times.
- Click Apply.
Deleting Availability Patterns
To permanently remove an availability pattern:
- In the Availability Patterns tab, select the pattern from the table by checking the corresponding check box.
- Click Delete Pattern.
Creating Availability Preferences
To create an availability preference based on an availability pattern, see Creating and Editing Availability Preferences.