Also known as ICON. A Genesys product that collects and stores detailed data from various sources in a contact center that is empowered by using Genesys software. Downstream reporting systems can access Interaction Concentrator data in near–real time.
Operating on top of Genesys Framework, the product consists of a server application that is called ICON and a database that is called Interaction Database (IDB). The server receives data from data sources such as Configuration Server, T-Server, or particular Genesys solutions; it then stores this data in IDB by using Genesys DB Server.
Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Enhanced support for Unicode in Microsoft SQL Server — In Microsoft SQL Server deployments with single-language databases, the data types of some columns in certain dimension tables have been changed from varchar to nvarchar, to extend support of Unicode characters in single-language databases. For consistency, the size of some existing nvarchar columns in multi-language databases has also been modified. For full details, see the New in This Release page in the Physical Data Model for Microsoft SQL Server. (GIM-12590)
- Data Export enhancement — To improve support for scenarios where data is exported from a PostgreSQL or Oracle Info Mart database and is subsequently imported into a Microsoft SQL target database:
- The update_target_*.sql scripts for Microsoft SQL Server have been modified to be compatible with a case-sensitive Microsoft SQL Server collation. (GIM-12571)
- The sizes of all columns in the target database schemas defined in the applicable update_target_*.sql scripts are now the same across all RDBMS platforms. Previously, the sizes of many dimension columns in the target database schema defined for Microsoft SQL Server were reduced, to ensure that indexes did not exceed Microsoft SQL Server size limits.
- For example, the CUSTOMER_SEGMENT and other columns in the INTERACTION_DESCRIPTOR table are defined as follows:
- In the update_target SQL script for PostgreSQL, these columns are defined as varchar(255).
- In the update_target SQL script for Microsoft SQL Server, these columns were previously defined as varchar(170); now they are defined as varchar(255).
- Note: If you are importing Info Mart data into a Microsoft SQL Server database, ensure that your import tool or process is able to handle errors that arise when the sum of the actual values of dimension table columns included in an index exceeds the Microsoft SQL Server limit on index size.
- Enhanced operating environment support — See the Genesys Info Mart page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for detailed information and a list of all supported environments and databases. This release adds:
- Support for Oracle 19c
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Genesys Info Mart now provides correct online status values when sending BGS_SESSION_FACT notifications to Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA). Previously, the online status was always given as false. (GIM-12585)
The transformation job no longer gets stuck while updating records in the INTERACTION RESOURCE FACT (IRF) table for multimedia interactions with late arriving focus time data. Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job sometimes became stuck because the database connection used for the update was different from the one used to load facts into the final fact tables. (GIM-12583)
The User Data Assistant tool now correctly creates the make_gim_UDE.sql script. Previously, the tool populated the CONVERT_EXPRESSION column in the CTL_UD_TO_UDE_MAPPING table with an incorrect value of 0, instead of NULL. (GIM-12580)
The transformation job no longer fails when inserting a new record into the SM_RES_STATE_REASON_FACT table when there is a duplicated value in the primary key. Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job failed with an error similar to the following:
column reference "sm_res_state_fact_key" is ambiguous
The transformation job now correctly processes inbound email interactions that have an interaction subtype of InboundNDR. Previously, in rare multi-chunking scenarios where more than one outbound email message was sent in response to an inbound email, and at least one inbound email reply had an interaction subtype of InboundNDR, incorrect values were recorded in the INTERACTION_ID and IRF_ANCHOR fields of the IRF table. (GIM-12563)
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator (ICON) release 8.1.514.27 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 22.214.171.124. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.009 or higher. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager and Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interoperability requirements are reciprocal:
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010.02 and later requires GAX release 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 releases earlier than 8.5.010 require GAX 8.5 releases earlier than GAX 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.