Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Genesys Designer reporting enhancements — Additional schema changes support reporting on interaction flows that involve applications developed with Genesys Designer. (Support for Genesys Designer is available in certain Genesys Cloud implementations.) For more information, see the Physical Data Model for your RDBMS.
- Logging Enhancements — Various logging enhancements enable improved management of Genesys Info Mart.
- Log message 20110 now identifies the ICONs that are delaying extraction. Furthermore, log message 20171 has been added as a cancel message for 20110. Previously, log message 20110 logged information about delayed data sources, but it was not easy to determine which ICONs were delayed.
- Genesys Info Mart now logs information to link the database connection ID and the DAP name. This link can help in finding the root cause of an issue. Previously, the logs showed only the connection ID.
- When the system property UseDbLinks=false, the extraction job no longer shows misleading database link information when logging DAPs ("-> DbLink=").
- Various internal enhancements, in some cases with associated schema changes, improve Genesys Info Mart performance. For information about the schema changes, see the Physical Data Model for your RDBMS.
- In deployments that include aggregation, the transformation job now includes media-neutral agent states in notifications sent to the aggregation engine about new or changed data.
- Supported Environments:
- Support for the Windows Server 2016 operating system. See the Genesys Info Mart page for more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems.
- Support for the following virtual environments:
- Citrix XenServer v7
- Hyper-V Windows Server 2016
This release contains the following resolved issues:
The extraction job now completes successfully in scenarios where Genesys Info Mart does not use database links to access an IDB that does not have extract views (for example, IDB.VIEWS.GIM_*).
Previously in this scenario, Genesys Info Mart could get stuck in a loop wherein:
- The extraction job failed because missing IDB extract views caused Genesys Info Mart to enter the MIGRATION state.
- Migration did not create the missing IDB extract views.
- Subsequent extraction jobs would again fail, repeating the cycle.
Genesys Info Mart now correctly handles rare situations in which internal timeout values are exceeded during data extraction. Previously, if the duration of data extraction exceeded the internal timeout, Genesys Info Mart could advance the high-water mark even if not all data was extracted, resulting in missing data. (GIM-11358)
The data type of the following columns has been updated to allow longer values to be inserted (up to a maximum of 512 characters):
Previously, Genesys Info Mart discarded values longer than 50 characters.
The field START_TS_MS, in the SDR_USER_INPUTS_FACT table, now accepts null values. Previously, Genesys Info Mart discarded such records if the optional /inputs/entry_time SDR attribute was not specified in the source data. (GIM-11344)
Genesys Info Mart now more accurately represents voice scenarios where:
- An inbound call arrives at a switch and is then routed cross-site.
- Before one second of time has elapsed, the call is routed back to the switch where it previously resided, and the T-Server reuses the original CallUUID.
- The call is routed to an agent.
Previously in such scenarios, and depending on timing, the IRF record for the agent may have been missing, and MSF records may have been incorrectly populated with a technical result of Diverted/Unspecified.
After partial failure of the migration job, Genesys Info Mart now re-reads current schema information. This allows Genesys Info Mart to return to normal operation in cases where optional parts of the migration job fail to complete. Previously, after a partial failure of the migration job, Genesys Info Mart could become stuck in the migration state until restarted. (GIM-11307)
The extraction job no longer fails after executing a long-running query that fails to complete. Previously in such scenarios, the extraction job might fail and log an exception similar to the following:
Job step 'EXTRACT' failed. executeUpdate; Connection Failure for SQL 'UPDATE G_DSS_CFG_PROVIDER...'. An I/O error occurred while sending to the backend.
Genesys Info Mart now correctly populates CONTACT_ATTEMPT_FACT.CONTACT_INFO and other record-specific fields in scenarios in which the desktop application uses ChainedRecordRequest. Previously in such scenarios, Genesys Info Mart populated CONTACT_INFO based on the last record associated with the call attempt. (GIM-11304)
In Oracle deployments in which frequent configuration changes take place, extraction times no longer vary when Genesys Info Mart extracts configuration data.
Previously in such scenarios, extraction runs that included configuration facts sometimes took noticeably longer than other extraction runs. (GIM-11295)
The export job now correctly handles audit log checkpoint records generated on the 0.999 seconds boundary. Previously in such scenarios, the export job sometimes entered an infinite loop, attempting to export a given chunk again and again. (GIM-11285)
The migration job now correctly upgrades Genesys Info Mart from release 8.5.006.01 in scenarios where the GIDB_GM_F_USERDATA table has entries with duplicated CALLID.
Previously in such scenarios, the job sometimes failed with an error similar to the following:
20155 Database error: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.; CODE=512; SQLSTATE=S0001; DBError=CARDINALITY_VIOLATION_UNSPECIFIED; SQL=[ update STG_ACTIVE_CALL set G_SUB_TYPE = (select t.G_SUB_TYPE from GIDB_GM_F_USERDATA t where t.CALLID = STG_ACTIVE_CALL.CALLID) where STG_ACTIVE_CALL.G_SUB_TYPE is not null ]
The transformation job now correctly calculates values for the FIRST_REPLY_FOR_AGENT_IXN flag in the IRF.ANCHOR_FLAGS_KEY column in scenarios where multiple replies are made by an agent, but no updates for the parent interaction have been recorded in the IDB at the moment when replies are created. (GIM-11266)
In HA environments, the extraction job now correctly extracts data in scenarios where:
- Switchover from primary to backup Interaction Server occurs.
- A record in the G_PARTY table is created in the IDB before the switchover, and is terminated after the switchover.
Previously in such scenarios, such a G_PARTY record might have been not extracted.
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator release 8.1.514.06 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 22.214.171.124. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.002 or later. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.