Also known as ICON. A Genesys product that collects and stores detailed data from various sources in a contact center that is empowered by using Genesys software. Downstream reporting systems can access Interaction Concentrator data in near–real time.
Operating on top of Genesys Framework, the product consists of a server application that is called ICON and a database that is called Interaction Database (IDB). The server receives data from data sources such as Configuration Server, T-Server, or particular Genesys solutions; it then stores this data in IDB by using Genesys DB Server.
Default Value: last
Valid Values: last, first
Changes Take Effect: At the next run of Job_TransformGIM
Specifies which value of the OCS dial_sched_time field will be recorded in the DIAL_SCHED_TIME and DIAL_SCHED_TIME_KEY columns in the CONTACT_ATTEMPT_FACT (CAF) table:
- last — Genesys Info Mart will use the last value OCS recorded in the dial_sched_time field during the contact attempt. This means the CAF record will show the scheduled dial time of the next attempt. This is the default value, which preserves legacy behavior.
- first — Genesys Info Mart will use the initial value OCS recorded in the dial_sched_time field during the contact attempt. This means the CAF record will show the dial time scheduled for the attempt that is the subject of the record.
Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Mac||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Log4j 2 support — The Apache Log4j library included with Genesys Info Mart has been upgraded to 2.17.1. To maintain backward compatibility, Genesys Info Mart configures Log4j 2 using the existing properties created for Log4j 1, as specified in the log4j.properties file in the Genesys Info Mart installation package. You can modify the Log4j 1 configuration by setting options in the [log4j] configuration section. For information about how you can switch to using Log4j 2 configuration, see the Upgrade Notes section, below. (GIM-11245)
- Security enhancements — Various 3rd party libraries are updated for security reasons. (GIM-13833, GIM-13834, GIM-13898)
- Outbound Contact reporting enhancement — A new configuration option, ocs-dial-sched-time in the [gim-transformation] section, enables you to specify whether Genesys Info Mart populates the CONTACT_ATTEMPT_FACT.DIAL_SCHED_TIME column with the first or the last value OCS records in the dial_sched_time field during a contact attempt. The default value, which preserves legacy behavior, is to use the last value. (GIM-13728)
- Miscellaneous updates — Two new columns, ACTIVE_FLAG and UPDATE_AUDIT_KEY, are added to the SM_MEDIA_NEUTRAL_STATE_FACT table. These columns are reserved for future use and are not populated.(GIM-13826)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Genesys Info Mart now correctly populates the CONTACT_ATTEMPT_FACT.MEDIA_TYPE_KEY column based on the value of the media-type option in the [OCServer] section of the Campaign Group object. Previously, CONTACT_ATTEMPT_FACT.MEDIA_TYPE_KEY was always populated as 1 (VOICE). (GIM-13585)
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
Migrate from Log4j 1 to Log4j 2 configuration
If a log4j.properties file exists in your Genesys Info Mart configuration, Genesys Info Mart uses those properties to specify the runtime configuration used by Log4j. The log4j.properties file in the Genesys Info Mart installation package is in Log4j 1 format. To switch to using Log4j 2 configuration:
- Rename or delete the log4j.properties file.
- Restart the Genesys Info Mart Server.
If you do nothing further, Log4j automatically configures itself to use the Log4j 2 DefaultConfiguration, causing Genesys Info Mart to log messages to the console. For a more useful Log4j 2 configuration, Genesys recommends that you create a log4j2* configuration file in accordance with the configuration rules described in the Log4j documentation (https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/configuration.html).
- Limitation: After you switch to using Log4j 2 configuration, you can no longer use the [log4j] configuration options to modify your logging configuration.
- Formatting change: The date and time values in the timestamp column of the Genesys Info Mart log are now separated by the letter T. Previously, the date and time were separated by a space.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator (ICON) release 8.1.514.47 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 188.8.131.52. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.009 or higher. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager and Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interoperability requirements are reciprocal:
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010.02 and later requires GAX release 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 releases earlier than 8.5.010 require GAX 8.5 releases earlier than GAX 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.