This section lists some best practices administrators and users should review for optimal deployment, configuration, and operation of LFMT.
- Deploy a separate LFMT Indexer/Collector pair at each datacenter if they are geographically distributed.
- Deploy each LFMT Database in a DBMS within the same local as the associated LFMT Indexer/Collector pair.
- During the initial deployment of LFMT, consider a phased approach for adding application servers to the log collection process.
- Monitor the performance impact of LFMT on each application server during the initial deployment.
- To reduce the performance impact of log file collection set the collection interval to be twice the required log file transfer time.
- Turn off Anti-virus checking on the LFMT Server Host(s).
- Limit the custom indexes for each application/application type. A general rule is 3 per application.
- Set up scrubbing and indexing for only those application types that are required.
- Ensure that network traffic generated by Genesys application servers has a higher priority LFMT traffic.
- Set a low quality of service (QoS) value for network traffic generated by LFMT.
- If possible, use a dedicated VLAN or LAN for LFMT traffic.
This page was last modified on March 1, 2018, at 08:52.