The following section describes the recommended architecture for an LFMT deployment. Although all LFMT components can be deployed on a single host, the recommended architecture shows three hosts: the LFMT Server Host, the LFMT Client Host, and the LFMT Database Host.
LFMT Server Host
The LFMT Server Host consists of the following components:
- Central Log Storage (CLS) repository, the central repository in which all log files for all applications using the tool are stored.
- LFMT Collector, which collects the log files for storage in the Central Log Storage (CLS) repository and creates packages for user downloads.
- LFMT Indexer, which monitors the CLS repository, indexes the files as they arrive at the CLS, and compresses the CLS files for storage.
LFMT Client Host
The LFMT Client Host consists of the following components:
- Genesys Administrator Extensions (GAX), a web-based UI to which LFMT Client is a plug-in.
- LFMT Client, a GAX plug-in that provides the interface through which users specify the log files to retrieve, package, and upload to a given location.
LFMT Database Host
The LFMT Database Host consists of the following components:
- LFMT Database, the central repository where all information about the copied log files is stored.