Preparing for Installation
- From release 9.0.2, iWD requires:
- Java 8. Java 6 and 7 are no longer supported.
- Eclipse in order to use the Composer version of the iWD BP.
- ActiveMQ installation with appropriate driver (see Installation Phase Overview).
- For the new iWD Manager user interface, these are the minimum browser requirements (Genesys strongly recommends latest versions at all times):
- Google Chrome (40+)
- Mozilla Firefox (52+)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+
- Apple Safari 9+
- For production deployments, install the Genesys Rules System web applications on a separate instance of the application server.
- A supported database server must be installed, with the database created and accessible for both the iWD Data Mart and the iWD History Node database.
- The following are required:
- Open JRE 8 for Linux
- Oracle JRE 8 for Windows. Please see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2010 package is required for iWD Runtime Node, iWD Manager and iWD History Node to start correctly on Windows.
Genesys Components (minimum)
- Management Framework—8.5.1
- Interaction Server—8.5.110
- Universal Routing Server—8.1.400
- Orchestration Server—8.1.400.48
- Universal Contact Server—8.5.300.09
- Genesys Rules Engine—8.5.302
- Genesys Rules Authoring Tool—8.5.302
- 220.127.116.11 for releases of iWD GAX Plug-in up to and including 9.0.002.20.
- 8.5.270.06 for iWD GAX Plug-in 9.0.003.07.
- 8.5.280.06 for releases of iWD GAX Plug-in from 9.0.004 onwards.
- ImportantPlease see the release note Known Issues topic.
- Stat Server 8.5.107
- Pulse 8.5.0
Support for RHEL 64-bit Platforms
Installers support installation of Red Hat Linux 64-bit platforms only when RHEL standard compatibility packs for 32-bit platforms have been installed. These packages have generic names like:
- libstdc++* '
You might also need to ensure that the JAVA_HOME variable points to the correct JDK.
This DVD contains the following components:
- iWD Runtime Node—Runs scheduled iWD Data Mart services.
- iWD Manager—A graphical user interface (GUI). iWD Manager is used for real-time management of tasks.
- iWD History Node—Reporting data source for iWD Data Mart and iWD Manager .
- iWD GAX Plugin—Business configuration of the iWD solution.
- iWD Stat Extensions—Stat Server Java Extensions that provide Stat Server clients, such as CCPulse+, the ability to request and display current-day statistics from iWD’s Data Mart.
- iWD Web—A web-based, easy-to-deploy workload management solution.
Installing as Standalone Application
To deploy on Windows, find the following files:
- JavaServerStarter.exe—This is the executable binary that is used in Windows service definition and is used to launch the application defined in the JavaServerStarter.ini file.
- JavaServerStarter.ini—This is a configuration file that allows you to define the application and its starting options. Because iWD depends on Java you can define Java options here. For example;
[Service] AppTitle="Genesys iWD Data Mart" AppVersion=9.0.000.xx JVMPath=JRE_PATH\bin\server\jvm.dll MainClass=evo/main/NodeLauncher EventHandlerMethod=stopNode [JavaArgs] -Xms256m -Xmx1536m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m [Djava.class.path] iwd_node.jar
On UNIX there are no JavaServerStarter files. The application uses a regular script, for example; iwd_runtime.sh, where Java with its optional arguments is explicitly called. Then you can simply use the following example:
JAVA_JRE -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -host Configuration Server Host -port Configuration Server Port -app Application_Name