iWD History Node Configuration
The .yaml configuration file:
- Provides initial log configuration
- Provides configuration for the events migration mechanism from the Event Log database to the History Node database
On startup, History Node attempts to read it from a default location:
However, different .yaml configuration file can be provided by using the -config command-line option.
logging: level: INFO appenders: - type: console - type: file currentLogFilename: /var/log/historynode.log threshold: ALL archive: true archivedLogFilenamePattern: /var/log/historynode-%i.log archivedFileCount: 5 timeZone: UTC maxFileSize: 100MB event-log-migration: solutionId: SLT1 fetchSize: 10 interaction-server: driverClass: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver url: jdbc:sqlserver://<db_host>:<db_port>;databaseName=inx_db user: <db_username> password: <db_password> eventlog: driverClass: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver url: jdbc:sqlserver://<db_host>:<db_port>;databaseName=eventlog_db user: <db_username> password: <db_password>
- logging—Defines History Node logging configuration.
- event-log-migration—Contains configuration of the Event Log database events to History Node events migration process. This section is optional.
- solutionId—The runtime id of the solution for which events will be migrated. Solution with this id must be configured in Configuration Server
- fetchSize—Determines how many interactions' events will be queried at once from the Event Log database. Please note it is number of interactions, not number of events. Default value: 10.
- interaction-server—Points to the Interaction Server database.
- eventlog—Points to the Event Log database.
The History Node Cluster application itself doesn't need any configuration. History Node applications included in the cluster have following configuration restrictions:
- All of the History Node applications included in the cluster should be connected to the same database.
- If automatic database schema migration is enabled (migrate-schema option set to true), it mustn't be enabled in more than one History Node application.
- If removal of the history events is enabled (stop-processing option set to remove), it should be enabled only in one History Node application.
Configuring History Node to Process a Single Event Type
History Node can provide data for iWD Manager or iWD Data Mart or both. By default both event types are processed; however you can change this with following options:
- process-gtl—setting this option to false will disable processing of the events for the iWD Manager.
- process-dm—setting this option to false will disable processing of the events for the iWD Data Mart.
1. iWD Manager will not connect to a History Node application unless the process-gtl option is explicitly set to true.
Configuring History Node to Process UTF-8
If you plan to use UTF-8 encoded characters in the task updates (for example, in task attributes values), you must enable the UTF-8 encoding support.
To do this for Windows, add -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 to JavaServerStarter.ini under the [JavaArgs] section.
To do this for UNIX, add -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 to JAVA_OPTS in iwd_history.sh.
Then restart History Node.