Migration of the 9.0.x release to newer versions
Migration to 9.0.010.xx
Custom Attributes can now have types configured. To update the default attributes please follow this procedure.
Migration to 9.0.009.23+
All standard iWD columns created in the Interaction Server database have been converted to type nvarchar. The length of all standard columns is also aligned with the Data Mart database.
Standard indexes are recreated during the migration procedure. If you have custom indexes using standard iWD columns, you will need to drop them before the migration run and recreate them manually after the migration.
The following procedure must be repeated for all iWD Solutions with different Interaction Servers.
- Stop the Interaction Server application.
- Back up the Interaction Server database.
- If you have any non-standard indexes that use standard iWD columns, drop them manually to speed up the migration procedure.
- Log into iWD Plug-in for GAX.
- Open Business Structure.
- Navigate to your iWD tenant.
- Navigate to your Solution from the navigation tree and select the Migration tab. The Interaction custom properties and migration issues table on the right side notifies you of the updates that must be made.
- Press the Configure button.
- Recreate the non-standard indexes dropped in step 3.
- Start the Interaction Server application.
Migration to 9.0.008.xx
If you have not changed the default value of iWD Manager's [iWD]/filterElementValuePattern option, then either:
- Update this option to the new default value from Manager Configuration Options; or;
- Remove this option from the iWD Manager configuration object. This will force the application to use the default option value.
If there is a customized value stored in filterElementValuePattern then make sure that your regex allows percent (%), underscore (_) and backslash (\ ) for use with SQL wildcards within iWD Manager's filters.
Migrate iWD Manager Logging options
Previously iWD Manager logging was configured via the log4j.properties file. This file has been removed and configuration properties have moved to Configuration Server. Move existing options according to the following mapping:
|log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG...||log.level||add rootLogger level to log.level option|
|log4j.appender.Console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender||log.log-to-console||If Console logging is enabled, set log.log-to-console to true|
|log4j.appender.centralized_manager=com.genesyslab.iwd.log.CentralizedAppender||log.centralized-logging||If Centralized logging is enabled set log.log-to-file to true|
|log4j.appender.centralized_manager.Threshold=DEBUG||log.centralized-log-level||DEBUG, TRACE, WARN, INFO => STANDARD, ERROR => ALARM|
Migrate Data Mart and History Node logging options
Data Mart and History Node logging options have been updated. Migration to the new version of logging configuration may be performed via iWD Plugin for GAX. Note that iWD Plugin for GAX should be updated to version 9.0.008.0x
- Login to GAX.
- Navigate to GAX -> Configuration -> Environment > Tenants.
- Go to the iWD Attributes tab
- Check that the fields "'Current Configuration Version"' and "'Actual Configuration Version"' have the same value—18.104.22.168.
- If the "'Current Configuration Version'" is lower than the actual one, click the "'Update Configuration"' button.
- If the '"Current Configuration Version"' is still not updated, refer to the GAX logs.
- If the "'Current Configuration Version"' and "'Actual Configuration Version'" are equal to 22.214.171.124, you can check and modify options as described on this Logging page.
Migration to 9.0.007.07
If you have already installed a 9.0.x iWD Runtime Node prior to the 9.0.007.07 release, you must manually upgrade the database schema before starting the new iWD Runtime Node versions. The upgrade procedure alters the H_TASK_FACT table, adding the NOT NULL constraint to the last_task_event_id column and changing the primary key.
- Stop the iWD Runtime Node application.
- Back up the Data Mart database.
- Install a new iWD Runtime Node application.
- In the <iWD Runtime Node>/etl/migration/manual directory, find a migration script for the appropriate database type and run it on the Data Mart database.
- Start the iWD Runtime Node application.