Components, Features, and Controls
The Workspace components, features, and controls enable you to complete specific tasks that relate to your job as an agent or team lead. For example, the Call History view enables you to access and query information about the contact with whom you are interacting, based on the content of the inbound-voice-interaction window.
- My Status—Provides a universal status monitor for all of your media channels.
- My Campaigns—A tab that provides a list of the campaigns in which you are currently involved, including active campaigns that are loaded but not yet started, as well as running campaigns that are loaded and started.
- Team Communicator—Enables you to contact other agents or contact center targets, determine the status of other agents or contact center targets, launch outgoing interactions, or start the monitoring or coaching of agents. Use Team Communicator to call/dial both internal and external contacts.
- Team Lead—Enables you to contact other agents or contact center targets, determine the status of other agents or contact center targets, launch outgoing interactions, or start the monitoring or coaching of agents.
- Inactivity Timeout—A security feature that locks the Workspace windows on your workstation, if you do not use your mouse or keyboard for a period of time that is defined by your administrator. You must authenticate to reactivate Workspace.
Statistics, Status, and Other Information
- Contact Center Statistics—The list of statistics about the switches, Routing Points, queues, and other contact center resources.
- My Statistics—The list of your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- My Messages—Provides you with up-to-date information on the status of your contact center, changes that are related to your activities, and business messages that are sent by your leads.
- In Progress and Recent Interactions—If there are in progress or recent interactions for the current contact, the number of interactions is displayed beside the connection status of the interaction.
Functions and Information for Contacts
- Workbins—Enables you to store email messages and other interactions (workitems) that are to be handled later; however, unlike in a queue, interactions that are stored in a workbin can be accessed in any order.
- Contact History—Enables you to access and manage previous interactions with a contact that you have selected from the Contact Directory or from the Information view of the current interaction.
- Interaction History—Provides you with specific information about where the interaction (voice, email, chat, and workitem) came from, who the contact is, and how long the interaction has been active. It is part of the specific interaction view.
- Case Data—Provides you with critical information about the active interaction in the Voice Interaction view.
- Contact Directory—Enables you to manage contact information and use the Change Contact view to assign an interaction to a different contact.
- Manual Contact Assignment—Enables you to create a new contact or to manually reassign an interaction that has been incorrectly assigned to the wrong contact. You can also use the Change Contact view.
Functions and Information for Interactions
- Spelling Check—Enables you to verify the spelling of the content of your message before you send it by using an interactive Spelling Checker.
- Disposition Code—Enables you to assign one or more codes to an ongoing or terminated interaction that qualifies the outcome of the interaction.
- My History—Enables you to access and manage your previous interactions.
- Note—Enables you to enter comments about the current interaction or about a selected interaction in the history database.
- Responses—Enables you to access a database of prewritten standard responses for your interactions. You can search for a response (all interactions), choose from a list of your favorite responses (all interactions), or choose from a list of suggested responses that are sorted by their relevance to the incoming interaction.
- Schedule a Callback—Enables you to set a new date and time to call an Outbound campaign contact.
- Print—Enables you to set up the appearance of printed email interactions before you print them.
The Workspace Desktop Edition User's Guide (English only) provides detailed lessons for using all the features of Workspace. You might find the following lessons useful: