Monitoring SIP Voice Interactions
Interaction Workspace supports two approaches to monitoring, built-in Team Lead capabilities, and support for Genesys 7.6 Supervisor Desktop and 3rd-party Supervisor applications.
Team Lead Functionality
You can configure an agent role to have the Team Lead capability. Team Leads have capabilities that extend beyond the coaching and barge-in abilities that are enabled by internal communications. Interaction Workspace supports auto-monitoring of agents in an agent group by a team lead that is configured as the Supervisor of this Agent Group. A Team Lead can perform the following functions:
- Monitor the next interaction or the currently active interaction.
- Select an agent and monitor all the voice interactions of this agent in one of two modes:
- silent--neither the agent nor the contact is aware of the monitoring
- coaching--only the agent can hear the Team Lead
- Silently monitor voice interactions
- Start a coaching monitoring session from a silent session
- Start a barge-in (all parties on the call can hear the Team Lead) monitoring session from silent or coaching session
- Start a silent monitoring session from coaching or barge-in session
Enable Team Lead functionality by allowing the Team Lead Privileges.
To support the monitoring of currently active voice interactions, you must also configure the SIP Server or T-Server for Cisco UCM application object by setting the intrusion-enabled option in the TServer section to the value true.
You can enable agents to be monitored by a supervisor that is using a Supervisor application, such as Genesys 7.6 Supervisor Desktop, if you are running a Genesys Suite that include Genesys SIP Server or T-Server for Cisco UCM and Genesys Media Server. The monitoring feature is implemented as a hidden conference with the SIP DN or Cisco UCM DN of a supervisor.
If configured, the agent is notified through the Interaction Workspace interface during supervisor monitoring. All monitoring is conducted through the supervisor application. If the supervisor is using whisper coaching or barge-in, an "eye" icon is displayed within the voice interaction window to indicate that the call is monitored. When the supervisor leaves the call, the icon disappears.