Interaction Workspace enables you to navigate the user interface by using the keyboard and keyboard shortcuts. This feature enhances your productivity by enabling you to navigate without using the mouse. Navigation works panel to panel, and within a panel, component to component. Keyboard navigability enables users who are using a device for accessibility that relies on keyboard navigation, to manipulate the desktop components.
Screen Reader Compatibility
Interaction Workspace employs a visual impairment profile feature. This feature enables more elements in the Main Window and the Interaction window to be able to have the focus to enhance step-wise navigation for screen reading applications such as Job Access With Speech (JAWS) Screen Reader from Freedom Scientific. Screen readers enable visually impaired (blind and low vision) agents to use the desktop interface through text-to-speech or text-to-braille. Interaction Workspace must be configured in the Configuration Layer to enable this compatibility. These options can be set in the Configuration Layer as default values that can be overwritten in the Agent Annex. The Interaction Workspace windows are designed to maximize content readability for screen reader applications.
Configuring Accessibility Features
Use the Procedure: Enabling Accessibility Features to enable Accessibility features for your agents. Use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure Accessibility:
- accessibility.agent-state-change-bell -- Specifies the agent state change sound configuration string.
- accessibility.interaction-state-change-bell -- Specifies the interaction state change sound configuration string.
- accessibility.warning-message-bell -- Specifies the warning message sound configuration string.
- accessibility.visual-impairment-profile -- Specifies whether the profile for visually impaired users is active. This option enables more interface elements to be focusable (accessible from keyboard navigation and mouse-over).
- chat.new-message-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new chat messages.
- email.ringing-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new e-mail interactions.
- im.new-message-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new SMS messages.
- sms.new-message-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new chat messages.
- sms.ringing-bell chat.ringing-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new SMS Session messages.
- voice.ringing-bell accessibility.agent-state-change-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new voice interactions.
- <media-type>.ringing-bell -- Specifies the path to the alert sound file for new workitems.