Managing Agent Inactivity
For security purposes, Interaction Workspace can be configured to lock the application, if an agent has not used the keyboard or mouse for a period that you specify. All user input is blocked until the agent provides login information to unlock the application. When Interaction Workspace is locked, the following conditions occur:
- The following windows are minimized or hidden when the application is locked:
- Main window
- Statistics Gadget
- Interaction window
- My Channels
- My History
- My Statistics
- My Contact Center Statistics
- My Messages
- The following windows/controls remain visible, but are disabled:
- Interaction notifications (case information is not displayed)
- System tray icon
- An authentication dialog window is displayed.
- A notification that the agent should authenticate to unlock Interaction Workspace is displayed.
- System notices are not locked.
You can use the following option in the interaction-workspace section to control the inactivity timeout.
- security.inactivity-timeout -- Specifies the amount of time in minutes of agent inactivity (no mouse or keyboard usage) that triggers application locking. If the agent has been inactive longer than the number of minutes that are specified by the inactivity timeout, the agent must reauthenticate to be able to use the Interaction Workspace application. A value of 0 disables this functionality.
- security.inactivity-set-agent-not-ready -- Specifies whether the agent is automatically set to Not Ready when agent inactivity is detected.
- security.inactivity-not-ready-reason -- Specifies the Not Ready Reason if the security.inactivity-set-agent-not-ready option is set to true.