|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
What is Genesys Web Engagement?
Genesys Web Engagement provides the ability to monitor, identify, and proactively engage web visitors in conversations that match business objectives. Customers are identified using robust business rules that provide a simple and comprehensive means for identifying key customers based on their behavior on your website and their value to your business. Key customers are then evaluated, leveraging the full power of Genesys Orchestration, and the best candidates are matched with the best agents, allowing you to better achieve your business objectives, including new customer acquisition, product sales, or customer support.
Genesys Web Engagement integrates the browsing activity of your web visitors into the overall Genesys customer service process. It records the customer web-browsing history, gathers accurate information, and converts it into Genesys interactions.
In addition to its monitoring features, Genesys Web Engagement enables you to engage the online customer by chat or voice callback.
Get to Know your Web Visitors
Genesys Web Engagement develops an understanding approach of the customer's interaction with your website. Its web monitoring features connects the web content as a self-service channel into the Context Services.
It translates the raw web activity into a form suitable to customer service.
- Basic Usage Information. Get to know if a customer has ever used the web channel, and if so, how recently (and/or how frequently).
- Browsing History. Each time that the customer browses your website, a session is created to store the visited pages in the customer history. This provides information on what the customer may have been looking for or may be interested in.
- Activities and Outcomes. Genesys Web Engagement allows you to tag web pages and define associations between URIs and outcomes to build a higher-level model of the customer browsing activity. This model is then usable to drive further interactions on other channels (chat and web callback, for now).
In addition, Genesys Web Engagement includes several scenarios for identified and unknown web visitors, detailed in Visitor Identification Scenario.
- If the user is not authenticated, the engagement decision should be taken by an agent or configured through custom Web Engagement rules.
- When engaging an unauthenticated user, Genesys Web Engagement asks for the user's registration.
Genesys Web Engagement enables real-time or offline post processing of customers' web-browsing activity to identify potential for proactive follow-up. You can define service assistance to notify agents when some specific use cases should lead to a proactive follow-up. In addition, the flexibility of Genesys Web Engagement allows to submit this follow-up for validation to agents, in order to make sure that the follow-up is appropriate.
For example, some use cases could be:
- When a shopping cart is abandoned, it can be caused by a lack of information. A proactive follow-up by an agent - via any number of channels - can help to close the sale.
- If a customer bought a product several weeks ago but abandoned a transaction recently, an agent could call to ask about satisfaction with the earlier purchase and afterwards follow-up with a question about the abandonment.
- If a customer submits a bad rating or comments about one of your products, an agent could follow-up by e-mail with a survey about his dissatisfaction.
In addition, if the contact center decides to make a proactive offer, the Browser-Tier Component checks that the visitor is still present, then pops up a widget in the browser window ("Click here to chat"). If the visitor accepts the offer, the chat connection is made in the standard way using existing components.
- Web Engagement Frontend Server manages the event flow submitted by the browser-tier agents and is responsible for the complex event processing and submitting actionable events.
- Web Engagement Backend Server interfaces with the Web Engagement Frontend Server and the Genesys Contact Solution to store web engagement information and implement web engagement action.
In addition to rules templates, deliverables include the following plug-ins:
- Web Engagement Plug-in for Administrator Extension, implementing:
- Categories, to create custom business data.
- Web Engagement Plug-in for Interaction Workspace, to get all the web-based contexts routed to agents. This plug-in is mandatory to enable chat and web callback engagement features in Interaction Workspace.
Genesys Web Engagement supports the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox 9.0+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apple Safari 5.0+
Genesys Web Engagement supports the following mobile browsers:
- iOS Safari
- Android Chrome
Genesys Web Engagement includes the following features:
- Integrated Proactive Chat and Proactive Web Callback
- Optimization / Pacing of Proactive Engagement Invitations
- Included Web Engagement applications for proactive Genesys Chat and Genesys WebCallback
- Behavior Rules Authoring for simplified tooling of Web Pages
- Categorization - Key word and regular expressions for out-of-the box web page identification
- Out-of-the box business events for capturing searches and timeout as part of behavior rules
- Out-of-the box rule templates and business rules interface for defining engagement rules based on customer behavior
- Support for advanced business events to capture events not covered by categories
- Business User friendly UIs for creating both Categories and Business rules
- Monitoring and data storage of customer web activity
- Storage of web history for authenticated customers
- RESTful API for full access to web history
- Integrated Agent Interface for Interaction Workspace
- Out-of-the box Agent Desktop support
- Live monitoring of customer during engagement
- Integrated view of Web History
- Reporting – Historical and Real Time
- Templates for out-of-the box real-time interaction reporting of Web Engagement
- Integrated with core Genesys product suite
Genesys Web Engagement interacts with the following Genesys Products:
- Interaction Workspace—The Genesys Web Engagement Plug-in for Interaction Workspace is required to interface Genesys Interaction Workspace with Web Engagement. This plug-in enables you to get all the web-based contexts routed to agents. This plug-in is mandatory to enable chat and voice engagement.
- Context Services
- Orchestration Server
- Stat Server
- SIP Server
- Interaction Server
- Chat Server