| Purpose: Lists the procedures related to Provisioning for the Genesys Web Engagement Servers.|
Once provisioning is completed, you can create a Web Engagement application, as detailed in the Developer's Guide.
Provisioning for Web Engagement
Purpose Create all the configuration information related to Genesys Web Engagement in Configuration Server by running the Provisioning Tool available in the tools\provisioning directory. This tool connects to Configuration Server, reads the Web Engagement applications' configuration, creates the Genesys objects used by the Web Engagement Servers, and edits the XML configuration files required to launch the Web Engagement Servers.
Note: The Provisioning Tool is run automatically as part of the installation process, but you can also run the tool to modify your configuration information after Genesys Web Engagement is installed.
- The configuration applications for the Web Engagement Servers are created in Configuration Server.
- The connections for the Backend Server application include the Frontend Server, Chat Server, Contact Server, Interaction Server, Orchestration Server, and the StatServer applications.
- The connections for the Frontend Server application include the Backend Server.
- You have a webengagement section created in the annex for the Backend and Frontend Server applications if you are using Genesys Generic Server templates. This section includes the type option set to:
- backendserver for the Backend Server
- frontendserver for the Frontend Server.
- Navigate to the Web Engagement installation directory and open the tools\provisioning folder.
- To launch provisioning, open a Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and type:
webengagement_provisioning.bat -host <hostname> -port 2020 -user <user> -password <password> -app <Application name for Web Engagement Frontend Server>
Note: User and password options may be optional, according to your Configuration Server's settings.
- The provisioning script starts. If the provisioning is successful, the following message is displayed:
Provisioning script successfully finished his work
- If this is not the first time that you run the provisioning tool, use the overwrite option. In overwrite mode, the provisioning tool replaces old objects with new objects.
webengagement_provisioning.bat -host <hostname> -port 2020 -app <Application name for Web Engagement Frontend Server> -overwrite
- Now, you should be able to implement a Web Engagement application. See the Developer's Guide for further details.