Historical Reporting Components
The SIP Cluster solution includes the Genesys Historical Reporting products that are briefly described in the following sections:
- Interaction Concentrator
- Genesys Info Mart
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates
- Genesys Interactive Insights
Review the information in this Solution Guide to learn how the deployment and operations of these products in the SIP Cluster solution differ from other types of deployments. For complete information about these products, see the product-specific documentation that is described in Related Documentation Resources.
Interaction Concentrator collects and stores detailed data about the interactions and resources in customer interaction networks that use Genesys Framework. Operating on top of Genesys Framework, the Interaction Concentrator product consists of:
- Interaction Concentrator (ICON) server application, which receives data from data sources such as Configuration Server, SIP Server, or certain other Genesys applications.
- Interaction Database (IDB) in which the ICON server stores the collected data by using Genesys DB Server.
Genesys Info Mart
Genesys Info Mart provides a data mart that you can use for contact center historical reporting. Genesys Info Mart consists of:
- Genesys Info Mart server component, which extracts, transforms, and loads data into a data mart, based on a schedule that is configured in the Genesys Info Mart application.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager (GIM Manager), which provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage some of the extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes. GIM Manager is a plugin of Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) and, consequently, requires GAX in order to run.
- Info Mart database, which stores low-level interaction data that is consolidated from any number of Interaction Databases (IDBs), as well as processed data that is suitable for end-user reports.
Genesys Info Mart can also be configured to host an aggregation engine (RAA) that aggregates or re-aggregates the data and populates aggregate tables in the Info Mart database.
RAA and GI2
For optional out-of-box aggregate reporting, you can use:
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA), which is an optional Genesys Info Mart process that you can add to an existing Genesys Info Mart environment to create and populate predefined aggregation tables and views within an 8.5 Genesys Info Mart. This aggregation process is essential for GI2 environments.
- Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2), which is the presentation layer for the business-like interpretation of source data that is collected and stored in the Info Mart database. If deployed, GI2 includes RAA process by default.
Reporting Data Changes
This section highlights the specifics about the reporting data that the Historical Reporting products produce when they operate in the SIP Cluster solution.
Much of the configuration and functionality for Interaction Concentrator remain the same in a Cluster environment as in a non-Cluster environment. Many of the differences that result from the requirements of a Cluster architecture are entirely transparent to you. The major differences that affect you are of the two following types:
- Differences in the configuration that is required to ensure that Interaction Concentrator functions correctly and produces the results that you expect, as described in Enabling Historical Reporting.
- Differences in the data that is produced in a SIP Cluster environment, as discussed in Historical Reporting Deployment Considerations.
Improvements and differences in ICON operation in a Cluster environment are described in Historical Reporting Operational Considerations.
Genesys Info Mart
The data that Genesys Info Mart produces in a Cluster environment is similar to the data that is produced in a non-Cluster environment, with a few exceptions. The data differences result from differences in resources (agents and DNs) processing in a SIP Cluster deployment.
Distributed Data Centers
Historical Reporting can be deployed to support business continuity and disaster recovery requirements in a SIP Cluster environment with two data centers. For an architectural description and deployment recommendations, see Historical Reporting and SIP Business Continuity.
Related Documentation Resources
The information in this Solution Guide focuses on aspects of functionality or deployment in which historical reporting in the SIP Cluster solution differs from other types of deployments. For general information about the reporting-related applications that provide historical reporting in the SIP Cluster solution, consult the following documentation resources.
Note: These publicly available documents do not reflect updates for SIP Cluster configuration. The information specific to SIP Cluster deployment is provided in this Solution Guide.
Interaction Concentrator Documentation
- Interaction Concentrator Deployment Guide
- Interaction Concentrator User's Guide
- Interaction Concentrator Physical Data Model for a Microsoft SQL Database
- Interaction Concentrator Physical Data Model for an Oracle Database
- Interaction Concentrator Physical Data Model for a PostgreSQL Database
- Interaction Concentrator 8.1 Database Size Estimator
Genesys Info Mart Documentation
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Deployment Guide
- Genesys Info Mart Options Reference
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Operations Guide
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 User's Guide
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Physical Data Model for a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Physical Data Model for an Oracle Database
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Physical Data Model for a PostgreSQL Database
- Genesys Info Mart 8.5 Database Size Estimator
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 Help
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.1 Business Continuity Deployment Guide
Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Documentation
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.5 Deployment Guide
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.5 User's Guide
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Options Reference
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates 8.5 Physical Data Model for an Oracle Database