Reliable Connection Retry
SUMMARY: Resource Manager (RM) can now resend a failed SIP request message—specifically, a TCP message for non-INVITE client transactions—using a reliable channel, instead of immediately sending an error to the originator of the request. (GVP-21311)
Three new gateway parameters enable this behavior.
Configure Reliable Connection Retry
Follow these steps to specify the parameters correctly:
- Open Genesys Administrator.
- Select the Resource Manager Application.
- Open the section Connections and select the Gateway where the parameters will be added.
- Click Edit and select the Advanced tab.
- Enter all three parameters listed below into the Application Parameters text box, separated by semicolons:
- connerr-retry-timeout=<timeout> (in milliseconds)
retrydest-on-conerr=192.000.0.000:8008; connerr-retry-timeout=3000; connerr-max-retries=10
See Parameters Used in Reliable Connection Retry for details about these parameters.
With this feature enabled, the message is re-sent until…
- …the connection succeeds — RM forwards the received successful response to the originator of the request.
- …the retries number (connerr-max-retries) is reached — RM tries to connect again, every time that connerr-retry-timeoutis reached.
- …the timeout value (Timer_F) is reached — RM returns a 408 Request Timeout response code to the originator of the request.
Parameters Used in Reliable Connection Retry
Valid values: <IPAddress:Port>)
- IPAddress is the same IP Address where the message was previously sent. If not specified or incorrect, then Resource Manager does not retry.
- Port is a valid port. If not specified or invalid, Resource Manager uses the default 5060.
Specifies the destination that Resource Manager uses to retry the connection for sending a message, following a connection error.
Required: connerr-max-retries > 1.
Valid values: A positive integer that specifies milliseconds. The default is 3000 (3 seconds).
Specifies how much time Resource Manager waits, after a connection error, for the before it retries the connection.
Valid values: A non-negative integer.
Specifies the number of retries. Any positive number >1 enables this function. Any other value, including omission or no value (the default), disables it.