Searching for Configuration Objects
You can search for one or more specific objects in Genesys Administrator. Start defining the search criteria by clicking Search in the top right corner of the Configuration Manager home page. You can search for an object meeting up to four criteria (Name, Type, State [enabled/disabled], and Tenant), and the search can be case-sensitive or case-insensitive. You can use the Advanced Search feature to search for Person objects by using additional criteria such as the Is Agent (True/False), First Name, Last Name, Employee Id, Switch, Skill, Skill Level, Agent Login, Agent Group. Search results appear beneath the criteria, including the path to each object in your configuration.
Searching for an Object
To search for an object:
- Click Configuration in the GAX Header, and click Search in the upper-right corner.
- Enter the search criteria in the appropriate fields, noting the following:
- Only Type is required, but specifying other criteria, if known, will speed up your search and reduce the number of records in the Results.
- By default, the search is case-insensitive.
- In text boxes (such as Name), you need to enter only the first few characters of the required text. For example, to search for the Configuration Server object named confserv, enter conf. The search results will list all objects with names starting with "conf" (and "Conf", if Case Sensitive is not selected), including confserv.
- Wildcards such as ! and * are supported.
- (Optional) Select Case Sensitive to make the search case-sensitive.
- (Optional) Click Advanced Search to provide additional values for search criteria. Note that Advanced Search feature is available only for Person object.
- Click Search.
The Search Results section displays the same metrics as for other lists in the GAX. In this section, you can:
- Select any or all of the objects for further action.
- Sort the list by any column.
- Use the Column Picker to define what fields are displayed and not displayed.
- Delete, Clone, Move, Enable, or Disable selected objects.
- Further refine the list using the Quick Filter.
Clicking on any object in the results opens the properties dialog box for that object, where you can modify or delete this object, or add new objects to your configuration.
Clearing the Search Results
To clear the results of a search, do one of the following:
- Click Clear. This clears the search criteria and and results.
- Perform another search. The results of one search clears the results of the previous search.