Business Attribute Values
A Business Attribute Value is an object which represents a single value within the range of values for a given Business Attribute object.
The Business Attribute Values list shows the Business Attribute Values that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
- The Business Attributes list displays when you select Business Attribute Values in Configuration Manager. To access the Business Attribute Values list, you must first select a Business Attribute object and then a Business Attribute Value folder.
- Business Attribute Values that are disabled appear grayed out in the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking Select Columns.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
To create a new Business Attribute Value object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click Edit. To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete. Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Business Attribute Value.
- Move To—Move a Business Attribute Value to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Business Attribute Values.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Business Attribute Value Objects
- In the Business Attributes list, click the Business Attribute object in which you wish to create a Business Attribute Value.
- Click the Business Attribute Value folder in which you wish to create a Business Attribute Value.
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Business Attribute Value. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Business Attribute to which this Business Attribute Value belongs. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Display Name—The localized name of the Business Attribute Value under which this object is to be displayed on graphical user interface elements such as dialog boxes. By default, this value is the same as for the Name property.
- Business Attribute—The Business Attribute to which this Business Attribute Value belongs. You must specify a value for this property. Once you set the value, you cannot change it.
- Description—A brief description of the Business Attribute Value.
- Default—If selected, indicates that this value is the default value for the Business Attribute to which it belongs. After you select this check box for one Business Attribute Value, you cannot select it for any other value that belongs to the same Business Attribute.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click Save.