The configuration of Agent Logins in the Configuration Database must match exactly the configuration of those Agent Logins in the switching system. Before adding or deleting a particular Agent Login, make sure that the same change was made in the database of the switching system.
When you specify Agent Logins as objects in a Switch, they are not associated with any particular agents. For information about how to assign Agent Logins to agents, refer to Creating Agents.
Viewing Agent Logins
The Agent Logins list shows the Agent Logins that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
- The Switches list displays when you select Agent Logins in Configuration Manager. To access the Agent Logins list, you must first select a Switch object and then an Agent Logins folder.
- Agent Logins that are disabled appear grayed out in the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
Working with Agent Logins
To create a new Agent Login object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, select the check box beside one or more objects and click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy an Agent Login.
- Move To—Move an Agent Login to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Agent Logins
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Agent Login Objects
To create an Agent Login, do the following:[+] Show steps
[+] Show steps
You can also create a range of Agent Logins that share common properties. To create a range of Agent Logins, do the following: