The Contact Trace function allows you to quickly determine when a contact attempt was made by any sub-campaign in the account within the last 25 months.
To trace a contact attempt:
- From the Reports drop down, click Contact Trace. The Contact Trace page appears.
- From the Search Criteria list, select the appropriate search method.
Phone Number/Email Address – Select this option to search by phone number or email address. Enter the full 10-digit phone number or complete email address in the Value field.
ClientID - Select this option to search by the ClientID contact list field. You must enter the complete Client ID in the Value field.
- In the Value field, enter the contact's complete phone number, email address, or Client ID.
Phone Number – If entering a phone number, enter all 10 digits (for example, 713 555 4101). If the contact lives outside the U.S., include the country code (for example, +44 314 555 4101).
Email Address – If entering an email address, enter the entire email address including the domain (for example, email@example.com).
Client ID – If entering a client ID, type the entire client ID. For example, if the client ID is A4307, you must enter A4307. If you enter A430, either no information will be returned, or information for a contact with client ID A430 will be returned.
- Click Find Attempts to see the results of the trace.
For each attempt that was made to that particular contact, the results include the following information:
- Date—The date and time at which the person was contacted, shown in the account time zone.
- Campaign/Sub-Campaign—Indicates the campaign and sub-campaign under which the person was contacted. You can click the sub-campaign name to sign in to the individual account and view the sub-campaign settings (the Manage Sub-Campaigns page appears).
- Client ID/Result—Displays the client ID for the contact, and the final disposition of the attempt.
- Call Seconds—Indicates the duration of the attempt.
- Node—The node name of the particular server that was used to attempt delivery of the message.
- Recording—Indicates whether or not a recording exists (Stored or N/A)) for the contact attempt. If stored, you may click Listen to listen to the recording or Delete to delete it.