Agent Text Portal screen
The Agent Text Portal is a page designed to allow an agent to access and manage text messages. When the agent signs in to the portal, his or her name appears at the top of the screen.
The Agent Text Portal menu bar includes the following actions for managing the text messages (note that you can select multiple messages by checking the box next to each message):
- On Demand Strategy—Select from the list of available On Demand Strategies to be used.
- Add—Select Add to download messages into the queue.
- New—Select New to compose a new text message.
- Settings—Select Settings to change your password.
- Opt-In—Select Opt-In to indicate that a client has chosen to opt in to receiving messages.
- Opt-Out—Select Opt-Out to indicate that a client has chosen to opt out of receiving messages.
- Archive—Select Archive to archive a message or messages.
The number of messages in the agent's inbox (messages) and the number of messages in the queue (unassigned) appears in the menu bar. The search field appears to the right on the menu bar.
Under the menu bar is the system folder area and a table which is populated with information about the messages contained in the selected system folder or the messages that appear as the results of a search.
The system folders provide an organizational structure for the agent’s text messages.
- <agent's name>—Contains the agent's folders.
- Inbox—Contains messages of active conversations received by the agent.
- Sent—Contains messages sent by the agent.
- Archived—Contains all archived messages from completed conversations in which the agent was involved.
The message information table provides information about the messages contained in the selected system folder or the messages that appear as the results of a search. Unread messages appear in bold text.
The table itself is customizable. Select the box under the Search field for a selectable list of column headings, as follows:
- History—By clicking the arrow in the History column, the agent is able to see all the messages sent and received in a conversation with a client. The messages may include auto-generated messages, messages from the client and messages sent by one or more agents.
- Device (By default, this column is hidden.)—The device, or mobile phone number, of the contact.
- Sent Date—The date and time the message was sent.
- Contact—The first and last name of the client.
- Message—The text of the message. Note that unopened messages appear in bold text.
- OptOut—A bullet appears in this column if the client has chosen to opt out.
- Agent—If an agent other than this one has participated in a conversation, the agent's name (or Auto Agent) appears in this column.
- Source—The source of the message: Inbox indicates that the message originally appeared in the agent's (or Auto Agent's) inbox, in other words it is an inbound message from a customer. Sent indicates that the message originated from an agent (or the Auto Agent), in other words, an outbound message.
- Archived—A bullet appears in this column if the message has been archived.
When necessary, error messages and other notifications appear in an area just below the table.
Selecting a message populates the client information area with information about the specific client.
The client information area includes the following:
- The campaign name and sub-campaign name.
- Contact:&The first and last name of the client.
- Client ID:&The identifier assigned to the client.
- Device: &The device, or mobile phone number, currently being used by the client.
- OptOut: &Yes or No.
- Other1:…. Other9:&Information stored in the Other fields of the contact list.
- Short Code:&The short code to which the client responded.
Allowing access to the clipboard enables the feature for future use and the Client ID will always be copied to the clipboard if the Agent Text Portal is active. From the keyboard, use CTRL-V to paste the Client ID elsewhere.
To reply to the message, the agent selects a pre-defined response from the list of available messages, or enters a custom response into the message field, depending upon pre-set permissions.