You create users and perform most provisioning in Genesys Administrator, then assign roles, mailbox access, a calling profile, a time zone, and voicemail notification preferences in Genesys Administration Extension (GAX).
To provision a user:
Log into GAX as an administrator (GAX IP address:port/gax). Under Operations > SIP Voicemail & Call Settings, select Users. Search for and click the user name of the user that you want to provision, or select Bulk Assignment to assign calling profiles, voicemail profiles, or forwarding profiles to multiple users simultaneously.
- Select one or more Feature Server roles:
- User (default) grants the user access to voicemail.
- Administrator grants the user the ability to log in as administrator and perform all the tasks available in the Feature Server GAX interface.
- Group Mailbox Administrator grants the user the ability to log in as administrator and manage group mailboxes in GAX. Only users who are Group Mailbox Administrators can change greetings and passwords for group mailboxes.
- Select a User Mailbox Access profile:
- Phone + Web View + Web Playback enables the user to access voicemail over the phone and to view and play voicemail through GAX.
- Phone + Web View enables the user to access voicemail over the phone and to view, but not play, voicemail through GAX.
- Phone Only enables the user to access voicemail over the phone, without web access.
- To activate voicemail access, select a Calling Profile other than Not Set. If the menu is empty, you can Create a Calling Profile or let the default calling profile apply to the user.
- Select a voicemail profile.
- Select a forwarding profile.
- Select a time zone for message playback. When a user specifies a time zone in their user profile, the value overrides this setting. The user time zone also takes precedence over the default time zones for the application, switch, and mailbox, unless:
- the user time zone is set to Default and the mailbox time zone is not set to Default, or
- the user uses the telephone UI to log into a group mailbox anonymously, without first logging into a personal mailbox.
- In both cases, the mailbox time zone takes precedence.
Click Call Settings to set the default values for this user. You can apply or change these values only when the user has a DN or agent login assigned. Save your changes before you leave this tab.
|Setting||Values (default value in bold)||Description|
|Reject Call On Not Ready||System (Off), Off, On||Rejects call when a user is not ready on a device.|
|Call Waiting||System (On), Off, On||Does not reject a call when the user or device is already in a call.|
|Forward All Calls||Off, Forward All Calls To + phone number, Find Me Follow Me|| Forwards all incoming calls to the specified number or to one or more of the destinations specified in the specified Find Me Follow Me rules.
Important: To forward calls to voicemail, the number specified must be the number configured as the VoIP DN (of service type Voicemail) for the associated switch. See Configure SIP Server for Feature Server.
|Forwarding On No Answer||System (Off), Off, On + phone number||After the No Answer Timeout value elapses, forwards calls to the specified number.|
|No Answer Timeout||System (30), 5 to 60 seconds (in 5-second intervals)||Specifies the length of time, in seconds, that Feature Server waits for the user to answer a ringing call.|
|Forwarding On Busy||System (Off), Off, On + phone number||When the user is on a call, forwards calls to the specified number.|
Note: User settings have a higher priority than dial plan settings.
- Click Email Notifications to set the values for this user. These values apply only if the associated voicemail profile has email notifications enabled.
- Select On or Off to enable or disable notifications by email.
- If you have enabled email notifications, in Email To type an email address to which you want the notifications sent. Use the standard address format: name@domain.
- Save your changes.
Web Service Notifications
- Click Web Service Notifications to set the values for this user. These values apply only if the associated voicemail profile has web notifications enabled.
- Select On or Off to enable or disable notifications by web service.
- If you have enabled web service notifications, in Phone Number type a phone number to identify the destination of the notifications. Use only digits.
- Save your changes.
Bulk Upload of User ID and User Mailbox Password
This option will be enabled in user interface only when the user-login = true. To assign a user ID and user mailbox password to a user, provide the details mentioned in the following table as a CSV file.
|Field||Field Description||Default/Optional Values|
|Username (M)||The name of the user to be assigned with.||N/A|
|User Id (M)||A 6-digit unique number to log on through TUI.||N/A|
|User Mailbox Password (O)||A numeric value of 4 digits (depending on the SIP Feature Server configuration).||N/A|