You cannot create DNs in the GAX plug-in. To create DNs, see DNs.
To provision a DN:
- Log into Genesys Administration Extension as an administrator (GAX IP address:port/gax). Under Operations > SIP Voicemail & Call Settings, select DNs. Search for and click the DN that you want to provision or select Bulk Assignment to assign calling profiles to multiple DNs simultaneously. The DN Properties window displays:
- Number of the DN
- Switch to which the DN belongs
- Mailbox Number, if any
- Assigned To, which is the object, if any, to which the DN is assigned
- Logged In, which is the name of any user who is currently logged into the DN
- Optionally, set a password for the DN. This password controls device authentication.
- To activate voicemail access, select a Calling Profile other than Not Set. If the menu is empty, you can Create a Calling Profile or let the default calling profile apply to the device.
- To provision Softswitch DNs (optional): SIP server uses Softswitch DNs to establish calls with remote agents. Feature Server is provisioned to assign and use a calling profile for VoIP Service DNs with service-type=softswitch. Perform the required steps given in the Calling Profile for VOIP DN with service type softswitch section to assign a calling profile for VOIP DN with service type softswitch. When a remote agent calls, Feature Server chooses a calling profile based on the following priority sequence:
- Whether a calling profile is assigned to the agent. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Whether a calling profile is assigned to the extension DN. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Whether a calling profile is assigned to the VoIP Service DN with service-type=softswitch. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Use internal caller's calling profile.
- To provision Trunk DNs (optional): Feature server allows you to assign calling profiles to Trunk DNs similar to assigning calling profiles to Extension DNs.
While processing inbound calls, Feature Server chooses the calling profile based on the following priority:
- Whether a calling profile is assigned to Trunk DN. Otherwise, proceeds to the next step.
- Use external caller calling profile.
- Select the Call Settings tab to configure the DN call settings. Note that these settings do not apply when the DN is assigned, because the assignee settings override them.
Setting Values (default value in bold) Description Forward All Calls To Off, On + phone number Immediately forwards all calls to the specified number. Important: To forward calls to voicemail, the number specified must be the number configured as the VoIP DN (of service type Voicemail) for the associated switch. See Configure SIP Server for Feature Server. Forwarding On No Answer System (Off), Off, On + phone number After the No Answer Timeout value elapses, forwards calls to the specified number. Forwarding On Busy System (Off), Off, On + phone number When the user is on a call, forwards calls to the specified number.
- Click Save changes.
- To assign a mailbox to a DN, under Configuration > System > Configuration Manager > Switching > DNs, select a DN and create an option with Section TServer, Key gvm_mailbox, and a Value that is the mailbox number that you want to assign to the DN.
Bulk Assignment of Calling Profiles to DN
To assign calling profiles to DN, create a CSV file with the following fields.
|DN number (M)||The number which uniquely identifies the DN.|
|Calling Profile ID (M)||The ID of the calling profile to be assigned.|
Sample CSV file
This page was last modified on October 4, 2018, at 23:32.