Configure SIP Server for Feature Server
To configure the SIP Server application and SIP switch DNs:
- On the SIP switch that is associated with the SIP Server, create a DN of type VoIP Service (VOIPDN = 9999, for example) to point to the Resource Manager IP address and port, and configure these options in the Annex > TServer section:
- contact = Resource Manager IP:Port
- service-type = voicemail
- To use the Feature Server GAX interface to configure and administer your dial plan: on the SIP switch that is associated with the SIP Server, create a VoIP Service DN named fs-dialplan and configure these options:
- service-type = extended
- Important: Ensure that you add the final slash character (/) to the end of each of the following URLs. The below-mentioned port indicates the dial plan port of SIP Feature Server.
- url = http://FS Node:port/
For n+1 High Availability (HA), add the following parameters:
- url-1 = http://FS Node2:port/
- url-2 = http://FS Node3:port/
- url-n = http://FS Node_N:port/
Important: The dial plan URL of SIP Feature Server must be configured only on a VOIP Service DN that was created on the Switch controlled by the SIP Server that is connected to that particular SIP Feature Server.
- service-type = extended
- To use your existing SIP Server dial plan to administer your dial plan, create a DN of type VoIP Service named standalone-dialplan. Specify one or more dial plan rules. See the Dial-Plan Rule section in the
Framework 8.1 SIP Server Deployment Guide. The following example directs all calls to 2001 to be forwarded to voicemail; 9999 refers to the voicemail VoIP DN configured on the switch. If you use a different number, change the dial plan accordingly.
- service-type = dial-plan
- rulename = "2001=>2001;onbusy=9999;ondnd=9999;ontimeout=9999;timeout=1"
- In the SIP Server Application object, on the Options > TServer tab, configure these options:
- dial-plan = fs-dialplan (the name of the VoIP Service DN created above)
- mwi-implicit-notify = true
- subscription-event-allowed = "*"
- On the SIP switch that is associated with the SIP Server, in the Options > TServer section under the Annex tab, create a DN of the type Extension and configure these options:
- contact = "*"
- gvm_mailbox = mailbox ID
Find Me Follow Me
To enable Find Me Follow Me:
- Create a DN of type Trunk Group. In the TServer section, add the option:
- contact = "Resource Manager IP address:port"
- On the SIP switch that is associated with the SIP Server, in the Options > TServer section, create a DN of type VoIP Service and configure these options:
- contact = Resource Manager IP address:port
- service-type = msml
- Copy the file fmfm-confirmation-prompt-0.wav from Feature Server folder\resources\fmfm on the Feature Server host to MCP folder/users on the MCP host.
- Set the Find Me Follow Me SIP Server options.
- Use the IVR Profile Wizard to create a default IVR Profile. In the section gvp-general, add an option default-application with any IVR profile as the value.
Calling Profile for VOIP DN with service type softswitch
You can assign a calling profile to VoIP Service DNs with type softswitch to enable one dial plan for all remote agents. This feature enables agents to use several soft switches and different rules can be applied in each case. To assign a calling profile to VOIP DN with service type softswitch, configure the following options:
- Prerequisite: SIP Server version 188.8.131.52 or above.
- Create a VoIP DN with the service type softswitch:
In the TServer section, set (or add) the following options:
- contact = <remote agent's IP>:< Port>
- prefix = <prefix of extension DN for remote agent>
- Create an Extension DN for the remote agent:
In the TServer section, set (or add) the option:
- contact = "" (null)
For more information on this topic, see the Configuring Softswitches section in the SIP Server Deployment Guide.