Implement the Feature Server GAX Plugin
To install and configure the SIP Feature Server Genesys Administration Extension (GAX) plugin:
- Log into GAX as an administrator (GAX IP address:port/gax).
- Upload the plugin. Follow the steps in Uploading Installation Packages, using the Installation Package Upload (template uploaded separately) method. In the Installation Package Selection window, choose these files:
- Upload a package: install.zip
- Upload an XML template: fs-gax-plugin.xml
- Upload an APD template: fs-gax-plugin.apd
- Install the plugin. Follow the steps in Deploying Installation Packages, selecting the package you uploaded in the previous step.
- Restart GAX.
- Ensure that your GAX server and Feature Servers are synchronized within one second of each other.
- Identify your Feature Server instances. In the GAX application object, under the section fs-gax-plugin (or fs, but only if fs already exists), add an option named fs_urls, as needed. Set the option values to a comma-separated list of Feature Server instances, identified by URL. You can use either IP addresses or FQDNs (but not both). Use the format http://hostname:port/fs. For example:
- fs_urls = http://10.10.192.01:8080/fs, http://10.10.192.02:8080/fs
- fs_urls = http://fs1:8080/fs, http://fs2:8080/fs
- Log into GAX as an administrator. Follow the steps in Roles to create a new role called, for example, FS_Access. Add your users or an access group to the role and assign them the Access to Genesys SIP Feature Server privilege.
- To enable other users to access Feature Server as Administrators, assign the role privilege Administrative Access to SIP Feature Server to individual users or to access groups.
- Add your users to the Users access group. See Access Groups.
- To verify access, log out of GAX and log back in as one of the users (or access group member) that you just provisioned.
- If you are updating a Feature Server 184.108.40.206 environment that uses the Feature Server dial plan to Feature Server 8.1.201.xx or later, you must run a migration script.
This page was last modified on November 6, 2018, at 11:55.