Reporting Engine Connects
This model illustrates the following scenario:
- The reporting engine connects with Interaction Server, then uses RequestStartPlaceAgentReportingAll to request data on all agents that are logged in to this Interaction Server.
- Interaction Server uses EventPlaceAgentState to inform the reporting engine of the state (media state, interactions being handled) of all agents that are logged in with this Interaction Server.
- The reporting engine (in this case, Stat Server) combines this state information with any applicable capacity rules to calculate the agent's status. It relays the status information to Interaction Server using EventCurrentAgentStatus. Interaction Server passes the same event to the agent application, which displays the status information in its UI.
- If there are multiple Interaction Servers, the reporting engine then connects with each one in turn and repeats Steps 2 and 3 with each.
Note that this model distinguishes between state and status of an agent, as follows:
- State indicates the media that this agent is ready to use and the interactions that the agent is currently handling.
- Status is the output of an Agent Capacity Rule, which Stat Server calculates using the agent's state as part of the input.
This model, which is not further divided into phases, is shown in the following figure:
This model uses the messages shown in the following table: