Default Value: true
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: When the application is started or restarted.
Related Options: interaction-bar.enable-quick-access, interaction-bar.quick-access-auto-open
Specifies whether the interaction floating or pinned view for the specified media type is opened automatically when an interaction is added to the interaction bar (when an incoming interaction is accepted or when an outgoing one is created). This option is not applicable if the value of the interaction-bar.enable-quick-access option is set to false. When this option is specified for a media type, it overrides the specification of the interaction-bar.quick-access-auto-open option.
Workspace Desktop Edition Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- eServices Business Continuity: You can now define a Business Continuity model in environments that engage Workspace and these eServices components: Interaction Server (or Interaction Server Proxy) and Universal Contact Server (or Universal Contact Server Proxy). This feature provides the ability for the application to switch automatically to the peer eServices Data Center once the service has been lost on the preferred Data Center and be properly resumed on the peer Data Center without requiring agents to restart their application.
- eServices N+1 cluster load balancing: You can now provision Workspace in the Management Layer to connect to a cluster of Interaction Server Proxies and Universal Contact Server Proxies. This allows you to manage the following:
- Load balancing between proxies
- Warm standby in a N+1 model instead of a Primary-Backup mode.
- With this cluster model you can use a single Management Framework Application and build a single Workspace software package that can be distributed to all users. This new capability eliminates the need to provision multiple Workspace applications when the number of users per Interaction Server Proxy and Universal Contact Server Proxy instance exceeds the recommended limit.
- Case Information enhancement: System administrators can now configure validation rules for the “string” data type defined for the "Case Information" and "Outbound Record" areas. This new capability prevents agents from committing values to the system that do not match the rules that you define. You define rules through a regular expression that is configured in the string.expression key of the annex of the corresponding Business Attribute Value or Field object. Some user instructions can be associated with the field by using the string.expression-instructions key.
- New Support: You can now configure Workspace so that it connects to back-end Genesys servers through IPv6 protocol.
- The new region ToolbarContainerHamburgerButtonRegion has been introduced in the Main Toolbar window to enable developers to display custom controls on either side of the "Hamburger" button, which has sort index value of 100.
- When Workspace is configured to present interactions in "pinned" and/or "floating" mode, you can now specify whether a new incoming/outgoing interaction view is displayed or is collapsed by default. When enabled, this feature displays only the toolbar for the interaction, leaving the remaining screen real-estate for other business applications. This feature can be configured globally by using the interaction-bar.quick-access-auto-open.<media-type> option template.
- The new "Contact - Can Search in Archive" privilege has been introduced to allow you to restrict access to this legacy capability. Searching the interaction archive can generate severe performance issues for the UCS database. This privilege enables you to limit access to this feature.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Workspace no longer sends extra requests to Configuration Server related to interaction search attributes when an interaction notification is displayed to an agent. (IW-10877)
Standard Responses can now be inserted into interaction text by clicking the Insert button, double-clicking the item, or by using the context menu on the selected item. Previously, there were some conditions where the selected standard response was inserted by clicking on other areas of the standard response view. (IW-10865)
Workspace now properly displays the transcript of the chat when the value of the expression.url option is set to empty. (IW-10804)
In an environment where a Team Lead is configured to automatically answer chat interactions, Workspace now sends only one Accept request to the backend upon receipt of an invitation to join a chat session in silent monitoring mode. Previously in this scenario, two requests were sent, with one resulting in an error that was displayed to the supervisor. (IW-10799)
For calls that are transferred from one site to another in environments where an "anti-tromboning" mechanism is activated, the interaction view on the receiving agent's desktop is no longer corrupted when the transfer is completed. (IW-10742)
The string '(Pending)' that is displayed next to the status of a channel when there is an active call on the channel can now be properly localized. (IW-10730)
In CS2000 environments, it is now possible to hold and resume an outgoing call before the destination answers it. (IW-10697)
In multi-site Cisco Call Manager environments, the list of conference parties is now properly rendered in a multi-site conference scenario. Previously in these environments, when the value of the extrouter/compound-dn-representation Cisco CM option was set to true, extra conference parties were displayed. (IW-10693)
A race condition that prevented the initial content of the Voicemail Box from being displayed has been fixed. (IW-10691)
The keyboard.shortcut.teamlead.voice.coaching and keyboard.shortcut.teamlead.voice.monitor options no longer appear in the Workspace application template as they do not reflect any functionality implemented by the product. (IW-10681)
The display performance of the Team Communicator has been improved. This is particularly noticeable in environments where the teamcommunicator.max-favorite-size option is configured to have a value greater than 50. (IW-10660)
The callback time of the outbound record is now correctly taken into account when the outbound record is rescheduled after the call with the contact is ended. Previously in this scenario, the default reschedule time was added instead of the time that the agent entered. (IW-10645)
When Workspace SIP Endpoint 8.0.2 is started by Workspace Desktop Edition 8.5.1, it now starts quickly, without printing a misleading connection error in the log file. (IW-10641)
When an agent completes editing the record of an Outbound record after rescheduling a call to an alternate number on the same Outbound record chain, the number of call attempts is now correctly updated in the Outbound database. (IW-10633)
An HTML formatted email interaction that contains a hyperlink embedded in an image that Workspace is not able to load is now rendered as a "broken resource" image. Previously, these kinds of hyperlinks were almost invisible and resulted in a misleading clickable area. (IW-10605)
When a sentence that contains Arabic text is copied and pasted from another document in multiple pieces, or when the copied and pasted Arabic sentence contains a hyperlink, Workspace now correctly reconstructs the sentence in the correct order in the email editor. (IW-10585)
In Cisco CM environments, it is now possible to transfer a call while another call is on hold. (IW-9243)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 22.214.171.124.