Genesys Mobile Services Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||HP-UX PA||HP-UX IPF||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|04/24/15||General||Under Shipping Control||X||X|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Chat Load Balancing—GMS now supports Chat Load Balancing without a connection to the WebAPI Server. To implement this architecture, you must first configure Chat Servers in N+1 mode, i.e. Chat Servers must not be configured in Primary/Backup mode; then, edit your GMS configuration and add all Chat Servers and a Solution Control Server to the list of connections. Make sure to use webapi port of Chat Servers in the Connections tab of GMS.
- The following new configuration options were added (see the options reference for details):
- Samples—Context Services now provides the Journey Timeline plugin for Workspace Desktop Edition as a downloadable sample. See the documentation for details.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
If there is no recent messages from the agent, GMS no longer sends a chat push notification with an empty transcript list. (GMS-2195)
If the customer hangs up the call before the interaction is routed to an agent, the interaction is now deleted. Previously, in this scenario, the virtual interaction was not cleaned in URS and might have been routed to an agent. (GMS-2113)
The apple.alert parameter configured in the push section of the GMS options no longer overrides the content of the callback notifications. (GMS-2027)
The GAX Installation Package Deployment Wizard now correctly installs Genesys Mobile Services. (GMS-2129)
If GMS Callback successfully transfers an interaction to an agent, it now considers both the interaction.partychanged and interaction.partydeleted events as successful results for the transfer. Previously, in this scenario, when receiving these events, GMS was cancelling the session and reporting the service as cancelled. (GMS-2167)
GMS inbound service now correctly handles the parsing of input parameters related to ORS configuration. Previously, GMS inbound service was failing if the parse-start-params option was set to false in the GMS configuration. (GMS-2139)
The following modifications were made to handle chat push notifications with iOS.
- To set the alert text for the chat push notification messages of iOS devices, you must now configure the client_timeout_notification_message configuration option of your service. In addition, the alert text now includes the agent's last transcript.
- If your iOS device limits the push notification payload size to 256 bytes (iOS version 7 and earlier), you can use the push_notification_maxsize parameter in your Chat REST queries (/genesys/1/service/service_id/ixn/chat). Set this parameter to 256 to limit the payload size of push notifications messages to 256. If you do not add the push_notification_maxsize parameter to your query, the the payload size is set to 4096 bytes by default. (GMS-2091)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.101.03.