Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Enhancement for data extracted from Kafka — A new configuration option in the [gim-transformation] section enables you to define the idle timeout for polling Kafka records. If polling does not return any records within the timeout, Genesys Info Mart stops polling Kafka until the next ETL cycle.
Default Value: 10 (seconds)
Valid Values: A number (of seconds) or duration in ISO 8601 format
Changes Take Effect: On the next ETL cycle
Specifies the idle timeout for polling Kafka records. If polling does not return any records within the timeout, Genesys Info Mart stops polling Kafka until the next ETL cycle.
In releases earlier than 8.5.011.23, the timeout was hard-coded, with a value of 2 seconds. In high-latency networks, the hard-coded value sometimes caused Genesys Info Mart to skip transformation of Kafka records, even if data was available.
- Support for Elasticsearch 6.x — Genesys Info Mart now extracts data from indices created in Elasticsearch 6.x or later, without considering the mapping type assigned to the document. Genesys Info Mart continues to support indices created in Elasticsearch 5.x, potentially with multiple mapping types.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Genesys Info Mart now records a correct technical descriptor (Diverted/AnsweredByAgent) in the MSF table in scenarios where:
- A call is routed from a routing point at site A, which is configured with divert-on-ringing=false, to a routing point at site B.
- The routing point at site B tags the call into a virtual queue, and routes the call to an agent who answers the call.
Previously in such scenarios, Genesys Info Mart recorded an incorrect technical descriptor (Diverted/Other) in the MSF record for the virtual queue.
Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator release 8.1.514.11 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 188.8.131.52. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.009 or higher. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager and Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interoperability requirements are reciprocal:
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.010.02 and later requires GAX release 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager 8.5 releases earlier than 8.5.010 require GAX 8.5 releases earlier than GAX 8.5.270.06, and vice versa.