Genesys Info Mart Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
There are no restrictions for this release. This section describes new features that were introduced in this release of Genesys Info Mart.
- Reporting on media-neutral agent states — Genesys Info Mart now optionally reports the summarized states for each agent across all media—referred to as media-neutral agent states. To populate media-neutral agent states, Genesys Info Mart takes already transformed summarized states for each media as the source data. The highest-priority state in effect for any of the agent's media is reported as the media-neutral state for the agent. An existing configuration option, sm-resource-state-priority, controls priority of agent states relative to each other. A new configuration option, populate-media-neutral-sm-facts in the [gim-etl-populate] configuration section, which is set to false by default, controls reporting on media-neutral agent states. A new fact table, SM_MEDIA_NEUTRAL_STATE_FACT, stores the media-neutral agent states.
- Gapless mediation reporting — In eServices deployments in which routing activities are performed without the use of Virtual Queues, an optional capability allows you to report on routing activities without gaps in mediation time. For Genesys Info Mart to include the time at a Routing Strategy into the mediation duration of the appropriate MEDIATION_SEGMENT_FACT record, you must set the new expand-mediation-time-for-gapless option, in the [gim-transformation] section, and the previously available populate-mm-ixnqueue-facts option, in the [gim-etl-populate] section, to true.
- Enhanced visibility of ETL status — Genesys Info Mart now provides information about latency for each functional area. Latency, which is expressed in the hh:mm:ss format, reflects the time elapsed since the occurrence of the last contact center event for which reporting data has been successfully stored in the Info Mart database. Use Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5.0 to view these details.
- Call Detail Record data reporting — Genesys Info Mart now provides Call Detail Record (CDR) data. You can access CDR data using a new database view, CDR, which is created within the Info Mart database schema, to conveniently research the call volume or look for specific records by ID. In a multi-tenant configuration environment, you can also create tenant views on top of the CDR view.
- New user-data propagation rule — A new user-data propagation rule, IRF_INITIAL, enhances the flexibility of user-data reporting with the capability to store the KVP value that is associated with the interaction when the interaction enters the resource that is the subject of the IRF or MSF record.
- New configuration options, expand-mediation-time-for-gapless and populate-media-neutral-sm-facts have been added to the Genesys Info Mart application template, in the [gim-etl-populate] and [gim-transformation] sections, respectively.
- New CDR and CDR_DATE_TIME views have been added to the make_gim.sql and make_gim_partitioned.sql scripts.
- As part of the configuration check, Genesys Info Mart now checks to ensure that the following ICON configuration options are set to the recommended values. If these options are not set as recommended, Genesys Info Mart logs an error and prevents any jobs from starting:
- route-res-vqid-hist-enabled—must be set to true
- cseq-adjustment—must be set to 2 (for ICONs that record Voice details).
- This release of Genesys Info Mart adds support for Interaction Servers that have an application type of Interaction Server when used in ICON connections. Previously, only the T-Server application type was supported.
- In Oracle deployments, Genesys Info Mart now logs the following messages, pertaining to master lock:
- 55-20154 (GIM database master lock is not held)—indicates that Genesys Info Mart failed to acquire a master lock to the Info Mart database.
- 55-20165 (GIM database master lock has been acquired)—indicates that Genesys Info Mart acquired a master lock to the Info Mart database.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Genesys Info Mart scans partition information only for Genesys Info Mart tables. Previously, Genesys Info Mart scanned partition information for all tables, and when scanning custom tables that used partitioning methods not supported by Info Mart, Genesys Info Mart could halt execution and display an error similar to the following:
ERROR main 20003 Exception For input string: "TIMESTAMP' 2004-01-01 00:00:00'" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "TIMESTAMP' 2004-01-01 00:00:00'" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:441) at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:483) at com.genesyslab.gim.etl.beans.DbPartition.parseLong(DbPartition.java:154)
The transformation job now correctly populates records into the MEDIATION_SEGMENT_FACT table in “runaway strategy" scenarios where the number of MSFs per IRF exceeded the limit configured for the option max-msfs-per-irf. Also, the logic that abbreviates some mediations in “runaway strategy” scenarios has been removed.
Previously in such scenarios, the transformation job sometimes incorrectly calculated which MSFs were already recorded, and attempted to add them a second time, resulting in the following database error (this error did not impact performance):
Database error: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_M_SEGMENT_FACT'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.MEDIATION_SEGMENT_FACT'. .
In deployments with ICON 8.1.400.00 or later, Genesys Info Mart now more reliably recognizes SIP-Server out-of-signaling-path scenarios. It does this by utilizing information about the most recent transfer from the T-Server attributes LastTransferHomeLocation and LastTransferOrigDN, and information about the IS_LINK sequence (when available) from EventSequenceNumber. (GIM-2268)
- Refer to the Deployment Procedure for this release to deploy the installation package within your environment.
- To enable all of the functionality provided in this release, Genesys Info Mart requires Interaction Concentrator (ICON) release 8.1.500.04 or higher. At a minimum, Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 requires Interaction Concentrator 220.127.116.11. For additional recommendations, see ICON Recommendations in the Known Issues and Recommendations section.
- Genesys recommends that you manage jobs using Genesys Info Mart Manager, but if you continue to use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console, Genesys recommends that you use Genesys Info Mart Administration Console release 8.1.3 or higher.
- Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.5 requires Genesys Info Mart release 8.5.002 or later. Genesys Info Mart release 8.5 is compatible with Genesys Info Mart Manager release 8.1.4 and higher.