Using CMS with Oracle
ImportantOracle 11g supported from version 8.5.302.xx of the product.
- Create new database in Oracle 11g
- Create user account to access the database
- Open Genesys Administrator and navigate to Provisioning > Environment > Applications
- Select the application defined for the Knowledge Center Cluster and click Edit
- From the Options tab in the cms.cluster section, set the following options:
- set option type to value oracle
- set dbConnectionUrl to JDBC connection string for connection to Oracle following the format:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host_with_Oracle>:<port_of_Oracle, 1521 by default>:<CMS_DB_SID>
jdbc:oracle:thin:@//<host_with_Oracle>:<port_of_Oracle, 1521 by default>/<Service Name>
- dbUsername - set to the username that needs to be used to login to Oracle
- dbPassword - set to the password for db account
- dbDriverClass - set to oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
ImportantDescription of options in cms.cluster section can be found in Configuration Options.
If you are installing Knowledge Center CMS 8.5.302.xx, you need to download and place Oracle JDBC driver on every CMS host:
- Open in your browser http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/jdbc-112010-090769.html
- Accept the license
- Download ojdbc6.jar (Oracle account is needed)
- Place ojdbc6.jar into <CMS_installation_folder>/lib/ext
ImportantThe driver must be added to the installation folder of every CMS node in your deployment.
Starting from the 8.5.303.xx release of the product, drivers are embedded into the CMS's IP.
This page was last edited on November 2, 2018, at 18:37.