What is translation service?
Knowledge Center can use 3rd-party translation APIs to enable authors with a capability to automatically translate the content of knowledge documents from one language to another.
Authors can translate the whole document or just particular fields of the document. Automated translation allows using state-of-the-art Neural Machine Translation (NMT) to simplify an authors work by avoiding routine translation done by computer. The Author is able to review and edit pre-translated content before saving.
Supported Translation APIs
Knowledge Center supports following Translation APIs:
Configuring Translation Service
The Administrator is able to configure the translation service for the Knowledge Center cluster by setting following option:
- In the section translation set option Translation Service (type) to one of the following values:
- none - translation service is disabled (default value)
- google - Cloud Translation API
- microsoft - Microsoft Translator Text API
- yandex - Yandex.Translate API
- In the section translation, set option API Key (key) to the value of API key provided by the selected translation provider.
Getting API key
Each of the providers of text translation functionality has its own way of obtaining the API key:
|1||Set up Google cloud project||
|2||Add "Cloud Translator API" to your project||
A console will ask you to enable billing. After you approve use of billing, Cloud Translator API is added to your project.
|3||Create API key||
API key is created and ready to use.
|1||Sign into Azure|
|2||Subscribe to Microsoft Translator||
|3||Retrieve Authentication Key||
|1||Sign into Yandex||Use the Yandex home page to sign-in or sign-up.|
|2||Create API key||Navigate to API keys and click Create key. In the popup, enter the description of your key and click Create.|